Got Scammed by Ebay...SCAMBAY!!!!

1300hemibusa

Registered
Someone Hijacked my ebay account and listed  Jeep for buy it now 2800 .. I had two people Call me wanting to pick up the Jeep ..They had sent money Western Union to some scammer  up north . Are these people stupid i live in fla !!!  The scammer Ebay add read the jeep was in fla and they send cash to another  state ??  It seems that these two were not the only fools to send money and i'm sure i will getting more calls and emails in the next weeks to come ...I just hope they don't start showing up at my door!!!  One guy already had plane tickets from Denver to FLA...

So beware of Ebay ..Best thing to do is NOT use Ebay EVER!   I called Ebay and they really don't seem to care and said it not really their problem ...They should change the name to SCAMBAY......................:

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117641936 -->

well that fuggin blows....

seems to be very suprising that they wouldn't care very much about it...

that sux how did they get your acount? well hope your phone doesnt ring too much
rock.gif

wow.gif
...That sucks!! I believe you better send in a complaint to eBay in writing, just to be sure that you dont end up in any legal soup!! Just a thought

Sorry to hear it. Hopefully eBay is the least of your worries. If your ID was leaked out to a scammer somehow, you need to be concerned about other avenues of identity theft now. Did you respond to one of those bogus phishing e-mails for eBay info? If not, I'd do a thorough sweep of the PC for viruses and spyware (keystroke loggers etc.).

Here's a site to get started in the event you are the victim of identity theft.

Sorry to hear it.  Hopefully eBay is the least of your worries.  If your ID was leaked out to a scammer somehow, you need to be concerned about other avenues of identity theft now.  Did you respond to one of those bogus phishing e-mails for eBay info?  If not, I'd do a thorough sweep of the PC for viruses and spyware (keystroke loggers etc.).  

Here's a site to get started in the event you are the victim of identity theft.
Yeah, I'd be curious how they got your info also. eBay should care about things like that because it will hurt them on all fronts. Buyers will be afraid to buy, sellers will be afraid to sell and no business for eBay.

The scammers are smart, ever get an email about updating your ebay or paypal account, but when you click the link it looks just like ebay or paypal. Look, however, at the web address and you'll it's totally different but designed for you to input your info. Perfect scam, I also wonder about the security measures of ebay and paypal. Hate to hear it bro, but you're right about one thing, why send $$$ to a state thousands of miles from where the vehicle is located.

That sucks!!! change phonenumber and cancel account if ebay don't care.

You should check your work computers... We have six general computers for use in our office and I have found tons and tons of spyware from Keystroke loggers to all kinds of dialers. While our IT department is excellent the other 20 people I work with are absolute incompetents when it comes to computers and preventitive measures. So if you use a computer at work that alot of people have access to check it... And cancel that ebay account because Ebay makes money regardless of who lists an item... or so I have been told.

it really isn't ebays problem...... it is the security of your workstation/pc that is being compromised.

be careful!

not unless they illegally gained access to his account and changed his password.

I get those scam emails all the time . Yeah , i'm going to tell you my password and account info
tounge.gif

I got a email about updating my paypal account info a couple of months ago....the catch is, I don't have a paypal account. I called paypal, spoke to their security department and they had me forward to email to them so they could track it. Never heard anything back from them, but atleast they were concerned.

Unless he had some easy to guess password, he gave the scammers his login password in an email plishing scam. No scammer takes the time to hack your password when people are all lined up willing to give their accounts away.

Never click on a link in an email when told you have to validate your password, account, or to give up any personal information. No legitimate business will ever ask you to do that.

Ebay is not the blame for his problem.

Back