Possible ebay scammer alert

Yeah, and then we could really get mean...
wink.gif
Let the fun begin!!! How's about we throw him in the hole...and have some guys run a "train" on him. I'll bet you'll get your tank when they're done!

kinda scary... sending you the second chance bid option kinda makes it really hard to prove that you did in fact take him up on it and pay for it... you still got the original email from that?

plus if it's a scam it's pretty smart.. you can't even leave bad feedback... scary..

It's probably good that you already filed the complaint i remember reading about how some of them would stall and dealy cuz there was only a set amount of time that you could file a fraud charge against them or whatever...

god there are some sugarbritches in this world.

kinda scary... sending you the second chance bid option kinda makes it really hard to prove that you did in fact take him up on it and pay for it...  you still got the original email from that?
I have all emails from him, but the Second Chance thing is through ebay, not directly from him. It was a one day listing giving me and only me a chance to Buy It Now at my last bid on the item as the next highest bidder when the high bid winner falls through, or if the seller has a similar item, or multiple parts. It's legit and through ebay and it is still available for viewing on ebay's site. It shows that I took the auction and that I payed through PayPal. I'm covered on that. I'd never seen or heard of a Second Chance offer so I checked that out thoroughly before I took it.
wink.gif

Sucks when bastards do stuff like that. I had a guy that bought an amp that i was selling I was basicaly giving it away. He stiffed me for $24. Just like your guy BT. For $150 he will get banned (hopefully) and possibly charged criminally. If paypal has their way! Damn bastards!!

Oh this really sucks... I won an upper fairing from "heatwavecycle" last week! I've already paid and he's said that he'd ship ASAP. However, I'm in Germany and it could take a while.

DAMMIT!!!
mad.gif

Otter, yer prolly screwed too, better call e-bay and get the scam out on this account too. I am with train on this one, why did he give someone else positive feedback when he backed out on the deal? only explaination would be if he thinks train is that dude and he sent the tank to the wrong guy... better check and make sure he doesnt have things messed up BT... if you notice the guy got feedback for a panel too?

BT keep us informed and updated. I ebay quite a bit and have only had one raw deal in the couple of years I been on ebay. I'll be interested in how it plays out. One thing I will say is when i got scammed EBAYED paid up quickly minus the $25 they charge to run the claim

Otter, yer prolly screwed too, better call e-bay and get the scam out on this account too. I am with train on this one, why did he give someone else positive feedback when he backed out on the deal? only explaination would be if he thinks train is that dude and he sent the tank to the wrong guy... better check and make sure he doesnt have things messed up BT... if you notice the guy got feedback for a panel too?
Nah, he's a fuggin' thief. I haven't rec'd a response since I sent an e-mail tellin' him I filed with ebay and PayPal... It's a scammer or stolen account, no doubt, now. Just hope PayPal and ebay come through. Haven't heard from either since my last post here...
mad.gif

**update**

Got another response from PayPal and one from the seller...

PayPal forwarded a tracking number sent to them by the seller. Doing a tracking inquiry through UPS shows that *SOMETHING* weighing 3lbs shipped on the 18th... As you may recall, the seller said more than once that the tank had shipped on the 13th as promised. And correct me if I'm wrong here but wouldn't a Hayabusa gas tank packaged for shipping weigh more than 3 friggin' pounds? Even without the fuel pump, which I assumed the tank didn't come with?
rock.gif
I think the Sportech windscreen I sent Doc_busa weight right at three pounds!?! Hell, I'm afraid to open the package when it gets here now. No tellin' what's in it...

The seller sent this big long email on how I should have just been patient and waited to see if the tank showed up or not before I filed and gave him bad feedback. He went on about how he had worked so hard to maintain his perfect track record on ebay and how he'd have to live with this bad mark I gave him as long as he does business on ebay...

I replied that it seemed to me that someone working so hard to maintain a spotless reputation would have bent over backwards to send a tracking number after I started talking about filing with ebay and PayPal. I also told him that the negative feedback was earned whether he ends up bein' legit or not due to the way the transaction has been handled. I didn't accuse him of being a scammer in the feedback. I simply stated that he wouldn't send a tracking number and that I got a runaround. I also included that I had filed complaints with ebay and PayPal. No slander or slammin', just the truth...

In my reply email I also told him that at this point it would take actually receiving the tank that was in the photos in his listing for me to cancel the PayPal investigation. I'd be stupid to cancel it based on a tracking number indicating something completely different than what I was told. No way am I goin' to find myself goin' through the filing process again after bein' conned into droppin' this one! I'd look like an idiot with PayPal then... Now that I've had to go through the aggravation of filing, the investigation will continue until it is resolved or I get the tank I paid for.

Anyway, with the mismatching claimed and indicated shipping dates, the weight of the package, and all the other BS so far (like the glowing feedback given to the "buyer that flaked") I really don't expect to receive the tank from him. Just waaaaaaaaay too many red flags on this one...

Just wanted to update ya'll on the process...

no way a gas tank weighs 3 lbs.... try more around 10 or so... its freakin metal... not plastic... the dang airbox weighs in at more than 3 and its entirely plastic.

He's from AZ... and that's what I thought about the tank weight. I didn't see any way it could weigh 3 lbs packaged to ship. He is sounding more convincing than ever in his latest reply (another since the one mentioned in my last post), but I'm still skeptical... I'll believe him when I see the tank. I really hope he is legit and that I jumped to the fraud conclusion too quickly.

I just put my old tank on the scale and it came out to 9lbs. That is no fuel pump, fuel cap, just the plain tank. Once you add packaging and stuff it would probably be in the neighborhood of 15lbs.

hey bt maybe its just me but dont you notice an
jump in his account
he didnt buy or sell from july untill feb
before july he was active every month
then after july
blank till feb
whats up with that???

hey bt maybe its just me but dont you notice an
jump in his account
he didnt buy or sell from july untill feb
before july he was active every month
then after july
blank till feb
whats up with that???
You're lookin' at the other buyer that supposedly flaked after outbiddin' me, dude. Here's a link to the seller's feedback. It has transactions through dec and jan.
wink.gif

Seller's feedback...

I just put my old tank on the scale and it came out to 9lbs.  That is no fuel pump, fuel cap, just the plain tank.  Once you add packaging and stuff it would probably be in the neighborhood of 15lbs.
I thought the tank would weigh around 10 lbs with cap, and no fuel pump... damn good guess on my part.

got any new updates BT?
rock.gif
Nah, PayPal sent me the tracking number he provided to them and said that if I didn't cancel the complaint their investigation would resume on 02/26/04. I guess they are waiting to see if the package shown in route to me is in fact the tank. Tracking shows that whatever is coming is supposed to be here on 02/24...

I'll definitely post an update Tuesday if the package shows.

<div align="center"><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>**UPDATE**</span>[/Quote]

Ok, even though there are still some unanswered questions regarding this transaction, I *DID* get the tank today. It *WAS* the tank in the photos and it *IS* in the described condition. Whew!
drooling3.gif

At this point, I am thinking it's highly likely that one of the two following things happened...

Scenario #1 (This is what I think happened):

Seller promised to ship on 13th but for whatever reason didn't. I did call the phone number on his site and got a message that he's in the process of moving his business to a new location. He said in emails that he's moving to a "dealership sized" location and has been in the process of moving for a couple weeks. He also said he's been sick. All could be understandable reasons for a delay in shipping. I'm thinking maybe he didn't, or wasn't able to ship when he promised. Maybe it just slipped through the cracks.

Then when I pushed for a tracking number he thinks oh shid, I haven't sent that out yet. I'll stall him and get it on the way. Maybe he won't push and the tank'll get to him before he gets too upset. Tank goes out on the 18th, I push harder and file complaints. Seller then provides tracking info as part of PayPal investigation and I find out that the tracking info doesn't match what I've been told on shipping. Things just get worse from there...

Sounds possible, and even probable at this point, right?

But we still have the question of how the bidder that flaked got glowing feedback for the transaction. That brings us to scenario #2...

Scenario #2 (possible, but I'm not really thinkin' so at this point).

In this scenario, the person I dealt with really is a scammer. He has a busa tank in the garage, steals an accont and puts it up for sale. Auction ends and the high bidder pays. $150 in hand for the scammer. Then he gets the bright idea of doin' a Second Chance offer through ebay and gettin' another easy $150 from me, the second highest bidder. It goes as planned and all is good until I raise hell and file complaints when I get the runaround and refuse to wait and let the 30 day PayPal claim limit pass by before filin' a complaint. Complaint is filed, so the tank is shipped on the 18th due to the complaints filed.

See, this scenario doesn't sound as likely. Possible, but not likely. Maybe he just worked out something with the other buyer. Maybe they just traded positive feedback for the hell of it.

Again, I'm really leanin' toward the slow shippin' thing. After the last few e-mails from him I really think he's legit. I want to give him the benefit of a doubt and believe that a lot of different factors simply came into play and made for a transaction that just went wrong for him in every way possible.

For what it's worth, he still maintains that he did ship on the 13th. He says it left his shop at 5:15 PM on the 13th and that he can't help what happens after it leaves his shop. At this point, the shipping date discrepancy and the feedback given to the other buyer are really the only two things I'd really like to know the truth on. Everything else is cool at this point.

Just thought I'd let ya'll know I did get the tank.

...glad the tank came in BT...sorry you had to go through so much crap to get it though...
mad.gif

Back