Was almost taken on EBay.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
For a few days I participated in an EBay auction for a front and rear Hayabusa seat. I ended up losing but since I didn't really need them, I didn't really worry about it.

The auction ended last night and when I checked my account today I noticed I had a message from EBay:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 110211097199

Item Title - HAYABUSA FRONT AND REAR SEATS

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin....utside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety [/quote]
I hope the winner of the auction doesn't get screwed.

firedevil.gif
guns.gif

that can be any number of things from not paying his bills on ebay to stealing someones account.

you forgot the "they caught him advertising on ebay but selling in emails"....they tried to catch me repeatedly on this one. I was getting all sorts of emails from ebay warning me about doing behind the scenes selling that they weren't getting a cut of.

I personally think ebay's fees are rip offs anymore. I use craigslist a lot or message boards as a buyer. But as a seller, no other community offers such exposure...you have to pay to play.

you forgot the "they caught him advertising on ebay but selling in emails"....they tried to catch me repeatedly on this one. I was getting all sorts of emails from ebay warning me about doing behind the scenes selling that they weren't getting a cut of.

I personally think ebay's fees are rip offs anymore. I use craigslist a lot or message boards as a buyer. But as a seller, no other community offers such exposure...you have to pay to play.
I dont get what the complaint is about ebay. They are providing you a way to get your product out to millions of people alot cheaper than it would be anywhere else. Do you expect them to do it for free?

Back