To solve the problem of possible bad deals

I think it all sounds good, I agree that the shady ones will fall by the wayside quick.. one last thought or something that needs to be specified is who pays the shipping to and fro in the event the item/s are returned?

I think that anything that has potential to benefit the members is good.  As a seller, what I have tried to do is to have the person send me the funds once they are happy with the item(s).  I have had sellers do that with me as well.  To me that works best, ask for funds if the person is satisfied, if not, then send the item back.  I do see the value in the escrow idea.  The bad part is that there are any transactions among the members that cause us to spend any time even addressing this.  It does seem like there have been a few bad deals recently and even worse, some very bad deals....

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "The avatar above mine looks familiar???"|1147823320 -->

Andy theres only one thing a guy can say about you.... WTF HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR??? err I mean You are DA MAN!

It is great to find someone that cares about people like you do. Even if they look like you do. Big tough bouncer type like me!

The extra fees for pay-pal and possible shipping loss might not be that great. Who eats that. This could be over 20.00. If you could fine tune that it sounds great. (I do understand this isn't every deal)

Err...this sounds a little complex to me - Im just a simple minded guy....what if the seller needs the cash he gets from the sale, to ship the item???

Anyhow, I think anything you all come up with will be cool. The paypal thing could be sorta a pain in the arse with the extra fee's if you know what I mean...I say since Rub came up with the Idea...make him the Monopoly Banker and he can deal with all the little transaction issues...Im sure he would love to assist...lmao
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
seller is that broke?

hogger...

That will work great Rubbah. Would work quite well with the idea of having an "Auctions" forum. It wasn't really my brainchild, but it was actually grabntwist's. He did an auction a couple weeks ago in the Classifieds section of the site for a set of forks. The who thing went smoothly. I think that using your idea of an escrow person would be beneficial in getting an auction going on this site.

Good idea Rubb. How about seller's donating a % or a fee for selling here.

Back