I'm being scammed on ebay

Glad we could help!
tounge.gif

Seriously, though - glad you got it taken care of!

Congrats, fleabay can make yer blood boil sometimes. Now ... about that payment for the "unsafe at any speed" automobile...

I tried to sell my Dell XPS laptop on ebay a few months back and I was getting scammer bids from idiots saying they were in Singapore, Nigeria, etc. They all had the same scam and tried to say they were buying it for a son or nephew in school... and they didn't want to pay by paypal and they also wanted to pay way more than what I was asking. Luckily I'm only stupid when it comes to riding gear and not when it comes to other things...

I'm still using my super laptop. I'll try to sell it some other way. Ebay was too much of a pain.

This one really ticked me off. The Corvair I'm selling is a restoration project so I put a low $400 reserve on it. Within 2 hours of listing one guy with 30+ feedback puts a bid on it. During the week another 0 feedback bidder bumped it up to $1125 with the original bidder still at the top. I emailed the 0 feedback bidder and he seemed legit. When I get home from work today another 0 feedback bidder (who just so happened to register today!) put in the high bid. No contact so I cancel and block him from bidding again. Now the original bidder with good feedback is at the top and within 5 minutes he cancels his bid with less than 1 hour to go! Now the original 0 feedback bidder is the only bidder and he automatically dropped back to the $400 reserve! Now all this crap looks fishy on my bidders list and nobody is going to touch this auction with 45 minutes to go.
mad.gif
I also know about the scam on how two friends will bid up an item and at the last minute one will cancel dropping the bid back down to the starting price.

Much to my surprise the 0 feedback guy contacts me and asks what's going on as he's worried and thinks I might be trying to pull a scam. I explain and we end up working out a deal for $1000. He's happy and I'm happy. I'll know for sure by Wednesday as he's driving all the way from Texas to northern Indiana to pick it up but so far he seems really honest.

This one really ticked me off.  The Corvair I'm selling is a restoration project so I put a low $400 reserve on it.  Within 2 hours of listing one guy with 30+ feedback puts a bid on it.  During the week another 0 feedback bidder bumped it up to $1125 with the original bidder still at the top.  I emailed the 0 feedback bidder and he seemed legit.  When I get home from work today another 0 feedback bidder (who just so happened to register today!) put in the high bid.  No contact so I cancel and block him from bidding again.  Now the original bidder with good feedback is at the top and within 5 minutes he cancels his bid with less than 1 hour to go!  Now the original 0 feedback bidder is the only bidder and he automatically dropped back to the $400 reserve!  Now all this crap looks fishy on my bidders list and nobody is going to touch this auction with 45 minutes to go.
mad.gif
 I also know about the scam on how two friends will bid up an item and at the last minute one will cancel dropping the bid back down to the starting price.

Much to my surprise the 0 feedback guy contacts me and asks what's going on as he's worried and thinks I might be trying to pull a scam.  I explain and we end up working out a deal for $1000.  He's happy and I'm happy.  I'll know for sure by Wednesday as he's driving all the way from Texas to northern Indiana to pick it up but so far he seems really honest.
Not suppost to be able to cancel bid in the last 12 hrs.

Not suppost to be able to cancel bid in the last 12 hrs.
That's what I thought too, but he managed within the last hour.
rock.gif

Now he's high bidder on this car:
link

And imagine that...the guy under him is new and just registered today too. I already contacted this seller but he at least has one legit bidder to fall back on.

I've always want to buy a Chevy Biscane, make it fast, then call it a Bisquick.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Boooo! That's bad. You should be banned for at least 30-40 seconds.

RSD - Get him!

Back