Help with sale. think im being scammed?

dolilind

Registered
I need some help. Ive been in contact with a member on the board bout the sale of muy busa. Problem im having is he and his buddy who wants to bike are military depled right now. Pick and/deliver is gonna be tricky. BUt the today i get this email (attached). Whats this all about? I have never seen this before looks like a scam to me. Plus most if tis info was covered in other convo's. I offered to deliver the bikes with a small deposit up front and rest on delivery. Now i get this email? im confused. I got something like this a day or 2 ago from someone else/same situation almost same letter.

ANy ideas?
Darrell
........................................................................................................Dear Seller,

How are you doing ?,i am here to notify you my interest in buying this item from you on behalf of my client also i am new to this site,this is my second time of enter this site and i would like to purcahse this particular item from you and also i will like to know a view information about below about this item ..

*Are you the owner of this item?

*Do you still have this item available forsale?

*What is the present condition of this item?

*What is the asking price of this item?

*Can you acept certified check as a mode of payment?

kindly email me back now with your full name and address including your phone number so that payment can be issue out to you asap and transaction can be complete asap okay..

Awaiting for your email ...

Either run or do not release the bike unless the check clears. Seems about a %100 percent scam. Who the hell says "interest in buying this item"

thinkin on running. but had to ask, since i have had like 5 offers in the last 3 days like this. But one like this from a member on this board i thought would be ok.guess not!!

The certified check will clear fine and a week later your bank will notify you that it was bogus. That's after you were kind enough to send them back the difference of the overpayment they accidently made.
There are so many red flags beginning with the "I'm deployed" BS there should be no need to even question this.

What's the users name?

For fun you can keep playing along with him and post the results here.

Yeah scam, Im selling a Honda CRX on Craigslist and i have gotten a few of those since i posted my add last night. Big time scam, stay away for sure. I wrote them back saying i would only except cash in person. haven't heard back from them, go figure.

Ran my son's vehicle on Craig's list and received this exact same email from someone overseas. Definitely a scam Run like hell. This scam is becoming all too familiar.

certified check from local bank you can walk into with them and cash....mabey

I hate these jerks, everyone out to scam somebody. Here on the board i have met some of the nicest and helpfull people anywhere. Everyone i have either purchased parts or sold even gave stuff to have been very helpfull and honest. I hate to see the scammers start to ruin our board also.

I hate these jerks, everyone out to scam somebody. Here on the board i have met some of the nicest and helpfull people anywhere. Everyone i have either purchased parts or sold even gave stuff to have been very helpfull and honest. I hate to see the scammers start to ruin our board also.

If you haven't already, be sure to report the member.

After 20+ years in the Corps I can tell just from their language that they are fu*$%#! with you...

Nobody in the military (active or otherwise) would use the terminology they did....

Delete their e-mail and be more aware of your surroundings.... Don't be a Sheeple!:moon:

Don't go there.....!

You want the same type of Email, post an Ipod and see how many of those you get.

Back