Watch Out! Scam Buyer!!!!

bpjones

Registered
Ok.....My 03 is up for sale and I get an email from this guy.......tell me this doesn't smell!

I would love to buy your item, I am fine with the price, All I wanna know if it's still in good conditions for use and if you are willing to accept a Certified Bank Cashiers Check. As a form of payment because that is the only way I can make payment available for the item. I want this transaction to be fast so if you're fine with my form of payment kindly get back with the following information's for me to issue the payment to you immediately:

Full name..... Full address.... City... State... Zip code... Your Direct Phone Number... Must Include Final asking price .......

As soon as I receive the details require from you I will immediately instruct my secretary to proceed with the issuance of the payment to your name and mailed to your address. And also don't worry about the pick up, I Have a Moving courier services here that will pick it up for me. And it would be done after you must have cashed cash the payment. I will be waiting for your response soon, As I want the item as soon as possible. I am really interested because I want to get it for my in-law who would be celebrating his birthday soon, I wouldn't want to loose it because this is like a surprise package for my in-law so I wouldn't mind a $50 extra for you just to secure and hold the item for me and also tell other interested parties that it has been sold. If this is alright with you get back with the information today, I will be using USPS Mail Service for the delivery of the payment, So home address only thanks .

Regards, Shawna Heber

I started a deal like this on my 99 and the buyer wanted to make the check out for more than the asking price to have me cash it Imd. and have Me send the extra money for shipping to his mover since he was "out of country"!
I told him I send nothing until his Bank Check clears....well the bank check was bad and was written on a closed account. It's a scam to get you to send money to them then they vaporize!

I'd bet even money if I replied to this guy he will ask to make the payment larger and then have me send "his Courier" that difference supposedly for shipping!
It sucks, but watch out for Scamers!!! There out there!

Last edited:
Tell him to send you his Full name, Full address, phone, bank info and you will get back to him. :laugh:

Def a scam! Seen those many times... Sometimes I play dumb and waste their time with emails pretending I believe them... :laugh: Keep asking them to explain how it will work, etc... They eventually give up... :rofl:

If people would take the effort they put into a scam and put it into lets say a job or a legitimate business, they would really have something.
I hate these idiots.:firing::punch:

Also used for Identity theft.

+1 "USPS Mail Service for the delivery of the payment, So home address only thanks "

Wow, I had no idea that USPS only delivers to home addresses. This guy must be really smart to know more about our mail system than I do.

If you have time play him along. Just as he's getting upset tell him you got a better offer from a guy in nigeria.

I got a bunch of these when I was selling a bicycle on Craigslist, same M.O., they'll send me a check and have someone else pick up the bike. My response was always polite but: 'I accept cash on delivery; no checks.' That always ended the discussion. As funny as it seems, when I bought my used 07 Harley the guy I bought it from said he'd accept a bank check. He was surprised when I insisted on giving him cash and explained about the check scams. He thanked me afterwards.

Back