New twist on the SCAM

Bike382

Registered
Here's a new twist on the same old scam.

My wife works at a bank and last week an older gentleman came in to cash a $3000 check. She was suspicious of the check routing number and upon further inspection she found the check was a counterfit.

The scam worked like this. The buyer was SENT a check from the seller in the amount of $3000. The buyer then would cash the check and send the balance ($3000-$20 cost of item). He figured he was getting the merchandise for FREE just for cashing the check. He also argued that he was not responsible if the check was fake. WRONG!

Beware, if this happens to you and by some chance the bank would cash the check, within a day or two the bank will be notified that there are insufficient funds or the account doesn't exist. In either case, the PERSON WHO CASHES THE CHECK IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ENTIRE AMOUNT.

Beware out there, theives and scammers everywhere. Man they SUCK!

This isn't new but alot of people don't know, man people can be dumb...
wink.gif

I think in that situation if they was gona send me money like that then heck i'd keep it after all it's in my name
tounge.gif

You know, that old saying, if it's too good to be true it is? Well hell, seems like a simple enough bit of advice to live by.. It's unfortunate that people still fall for this sort of thing...

Back