Thanks for the info...didn't buy

Blue'87GT

Registered
I would like to sincerely thank all of you for the very thorough information that you have posted about buying a Busa. I love the shape of them--they are truly gorgeous, but I know in my heart that I am simply not ready to own one. From your descriptions, I could probably make it work, but I am still just too rookie to take the step. I recently bought a Honda CB400 as my next step in motorcycle ownership from a Honda Ruckus. It (CB400) feels like a handful right now! I will do quite a bit of learning over the next two years while stationed here on Okinawa, Japan, and perhaps at the end of my tour, should I return to the USA, may be ready for the next step...a Busa.

Thanks again for your help and info. I'll continue to check into the website for more info, and things to look for in my next purchase.:beerchug:

Smart move! That would've been a big step. Besides, the CB is good enough to start with and decide if you even want a Busa. Good luck and be safe!

Welcome to the oRg, glad you found the information useful to make a decision. Kudos to you Sir. Your not leaving are you? Be sure and stick around.

:thumbsup: Yeah stick around. I joined this group 2 years ago and stuck around to read up on everything even though I didn't have a busa. Plus its a fun group!

:thumbsup:Kudos on making a very intelligent, well thought out, adult decision...

I hope you look back on it as one of the best ideas you ever had...

I also hope you stick around so we can be here when you decide its time to step up to the next level...

:welcome:

Glad you found some help here; definitely hang around...we'd love to see your new CB400 when you get some time to take pics :)

Welcome to the oRg :thumbsup:

It would have cost you a lot of time, money and energy to get the Busa "street legal" to ride in Oki anyway. And not much open road to stretch a Busa's legs on The Rock! Be safe and have fun over there.

Work on shipping ur cb4 over hear early. BECAUSE after a year on it. Ur gonna love it. Ur not gonna want to leave it behind.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup:Kudos on making a very intelligent, well thought out, adult decision...

I hope you look back on it as one of the best ideas you ever had...

I also hope you stick around so we can be here when you decide its time to step up to the next level...

+1 to all the above.

MSF?

Sounds like you made a good choice, keep reading up here, so when it is time for a Busa you will know everthing about em:thumbsup:

As you see by all the above, you have a great resource here on the Org and they will always be there for you when you are ready to make the leap.
I went from a 600 to the Busa, but did 12 yrs and 40,000 miles before the swap.
I am glad you had the mental capacity to overcome the the allure of the beast and prepare before diving in too deep.:thumbsup:

Once you are confident of the starter bike, and have pushed it a little, then you will be ready for the big girl.
Ride safe on all,
Bubba

Definitely continue to visit and learn here. I have to say you have made the correct decision and compared to some new riders we see come thru here...have a good head on your shoulders. :rulez:

Enjoy your Honda and when your ready to upgrade to something larger...you will know when the timing is correct.

Thanks for all of the replies. For sure I will continue to surf the Busa fourm--I cannot shake the beauty of one! FWIW, I have seen quite a few here on island, but cannot imagine being kept to a 80 kph speed limit! One thing for sure, after riding this for a couple of years I will have a firm understanding of what riding is all about. I will probably own a Busa once I return, and will for sure have a much better idea of what I'll be able to ride.

kromdom-sounds like you've been here yourself?

Here are a couple of pics of my new ride, right behind my cage. Wish I could take both of them back to the USA with me.

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

Back