info on turbo kits and steps to build motor

T4Busa

Registered
hey guys new here looking for info on steps to build and steps to take for building a turbo'd busa....lookin for the most horse power on pump gas. would like around 30 or 400 if possible but i am not familiar with the whole turbo bike stuff...any info would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Few members with turbo bikes on the board. I'm sure they will chime in.
A lot of good info can be found at . Goto the turbo section.

Welcome to the board.

biggrin.gif

400 on pump gas ehh haven't heard of it

Now 300 to 320 i have heard about either with water injection or intercoolers and or both thats gona be your best bet for that kinda power the 300 and under your stock internals with a base spacer will be good other wise you will need to start upgradeing that stuff

400 hp you're gonna need rods and valve springs.

any more than 400hp you should probably do pistons also.

talk to themotorhead on sh.org. He'll set you up for what you want.

Any of the top builders can set you up with what you want as long as you can set them out what they want$$$

thats right you will need an intercooler..rods,pistons,springs,and spacer plate! moterhead stage 2 kit is worth looking into....

Safe and reliable 260-280hp on pump gas for ALL KITS. You can go well over with extra precautions and equipment as previously mentioned.

Safe and reliable 260-280hp on pump gas for ALL KITS. You can go well over with extra precautions and equipment as previously mentioned.
280 hp on most kits is atleast 8 psi. To do that on pump gas you best not be heat soak your turbo or bike with extensive use or BOOM! Ask Barry. he recommends ONLY running 6 psi max on pump fuel.
Like you said yourself it depends on the add on's. (water, intercooler, injectors etc.) Most kits for 260hp (as you said) would be around 6psi and you are right about the 8psi for about 280hp. All of this can be done and done safe on pump gas unless you are doing high speed and maintaining boost for prolong periods. Done wrong even 220 can go boom.

Safe and reliable 260-280hp on pump gas for ALL KITS.  You can go well over with extra precautions and equipment as previously mentioned.
280 hp on most kits is atleast 8 psi. To do that on pump gas you best not be heat soak your turbo or bike with extensive use or BOOM! Ask Barry. he recommends ONLY running 6 psi max on pump fuel.
Like you said yourself it depends on the add on's. (water, intercooler, injectors etc.)  Most kits for 260hp (as you said) would be around 6psi and you are right about the 8psi for about 280hp.  All of this can be done and  done safe on pump gas unless you are doing high speed and maintaining boost for prolong periods.  Done wrong even 220 can go boom.
Yeah but an intercooler will allow you to run true pump gas a bit longer than water injection will. 400 hp on pump has been done with an intercooled kit on pump gas. Please show me and non intercooled kit doing similiar numbers on pump.

To do 280 hp on a nonintercooled kit you will be advised to run a mix of race gas in conjunction to water injection.

Dennis advised me this with my Hahn kit
Barry advised me the same with my Velocity kit.

Dennis and Mcxpress have both told me I can run straight pump on my intercooled kit up over 12 psi boost.

hey guys thanks for the replys ....i need more info ....i am planning on building the whole motor all internals ....pistons, connecting rods, valves,springs cam, crank and so on .....and money is not a issue .... but i will not be paying anybody to do the work i am doin it my self. like people say the only way to get something done right is to do it your self. lol .....but then again i might need some help tuning it from a shop but that is down the road ....what kind of kits you recommend ....i could deal with around 3 something for horse power but would like more.....i am a power and speed fanatic.....lol.....well let me know ....what you guys think along with kind of internals you think ...i should run i am planning on shooting for around 8:1 for compression i have heard that is the best for a high psi turbo and for the kind of horse power i want to run ......

Motorhead is one of the best when it comes to turbos once you install your kit you will have to get it on a dyno to make sure your a/f is correct and his customer service is second to none. I am at 260 right now with a 7 lb spring in mine and a air/air intercooler but I plan on adding the sub injector a little later this year should put her up to 300 hp on pump gas.

cinitgreg hey man where in ohio is cinti or is that short for something ...i am in pennsylvania for college ...but ne ways do u know of any salvage palces for bikes around there i am looking for a donor motor and frame ....if so please let me know ....and what type of turbo kit you runnin i am thinkin to shoot for 300 horse on pump gas and then if i get ambitous lol ....i will try for more but 300 will be fine to start....well let me know and keep the replies coming ...thanx guys

Back