Is an R1 a good next step?

Get the Busa. I was 38 when I started riding. I had no riding experience prior to taking the MSF course. After passing the course, I bought a used '01 R1 as my first bike and put over 47,000 miles in less than 2 years before I traded it in for a brand new '07 Busa. All I'm saying is you're matured enough and has enough experience. I think you'll be fine.

I agree.. take the course and take the leap.. Just take it slow.. I came from growing up on cruiser and then not being on a bike for years. I got a busa.. But when I first got on it, I didn't go fast at all. I didn't rip the throttle.. I learned the bike. Even when my other 600, litter or busa friends were leaving me behind.. I just told them I know where you're going so I'll see you there. Even today I perceed with more caution than not, because I kind of have an attatchment to this thing we call life. But sounds like you're a responsible one that too likes your life.... But take the course if you haven't (didn't read EVERY thread) and take the leap.. There's a busa calling your name some where!

Domo arigato gozaimas! Sorry it took me a bit to reply...different time zones and all. You guys are a huge help, and have convinced me to take the leap and get a busa.
Also, someone mentioned about the PACAF rules. That used to be the case, but now it is simply a demo at the msf course to show that you can handle the bike...so long as you are over an E -4. I have been blessed to have been promoted several times since then.

Thanks again guys. ありがとう
Posted via Mobile Device

I learned how to ride on dirt bikes, took the MSF BRC on a whim because I wanted to get a street bike but hadn't sttled on which one. I sat on everything but once my butt hit the Busa seat I was in love and purchased it. That was Feb 06 and since then I have completed the ERC and Rider Coach courses; I even do "The Box" on the Busa.

When I bought her I knew all bikes have their own balance and quirks. I took it slow and was mindful of the throttle - still am. You should be fine going to the Busa as long as you are careful, not scared just responsible. Also, when you do leave Japan don't PCS to Moody or the Southeast. The riding here is boring, I miss riding the riding I had out West plus I didn't have to worry about deer jumping out of the woods.

Good stuff man. Can't wait to see the pic of your new Busa.

Also thanks for your service man, it's appreciated.

Back