Is an R1 a good next step?

Thanks! There is a member who was moaning about it. I can't remember his name. I think it was "Sloth"...

thas mezzed up man...:rofl:

and yeah, i know i murdered it... but i dont have katakana or hiragana on my keyboard...

Oh, and as for maturity I'm 37, been in the USAF 16 years, and have no intention of putting my life, family, or career on the line. Just want to take logical steps towards owning my dream bike!
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not necessarily the bike, but the operator. Given your statement buy the Busa. By the way the Hayabusa is typically cheaper than other sport bikes. If you can afford an R1 you can afford a Busa and have enough change for a full exhaust.

Get the Busa, it has power, sure, but if you are used to riding it isn't anything you can't handle. :beerchug:

39295_692014415702_30101631_37980951_7627960_n.jpg

I agree with others, just get the Busa instead of an R1. Just curious, I thought PACAF had implemented a graduated license system? Can you go from a 400 to a 1300? Or has all that changed now?

I have looked at two here on island. Both were way too high priced, even for Okinawa. Really I think that I am being overly cautious, but I think that anyone who doesn't respect the power of a Busa is a fool. Also I think that taking steps up to one is probably a good idea as well. But I really don't want the cramped up, super leaned over riding posture of a 600, etc. Maybe I should just take the leap and get a busa. Even if I pay a bit more, I can just take it back to the USA when I return in two years.
Posted via Mobile Device

well put.. but you have the respect.. I think you can handle it.. Ide go for the Busa.. or R1 its up to you..

I'm sure it has been mentioned before, just get the busa. It's all about common sense with a riding a motorcycle. I don't care if it's a dirt bike, a cruiser, or a super sport bike, common sense is all that matters. I rode several years of motocross on my honda cfr450r from ages 14-17 before I sold it. Then after five years of not riding at all I got a busa when I was 22. I haven't dropped the bike once, nor gotten a single ticket. It's all about common sense. You could give me a 500 HP turbo built busa and I would be fine. It's all about how you control that throttle. And obviously, the more experience the better. My experience was motocross, to me thats all I needed and am perfectly fine.

time to step up man ...if your comfirtable..you got the msf under you and some years of street time...and sensibility...do it

If you think(or know)that you're cramped up on a 600, then you will be on a 1000. Aside from minor changes and displacement, an R6 and R1 are basically the same, especially ergonomics/rider positioning. 600/1000 differences are the same for Suzuki, kawasaki, and Honda too.
The Busa is alot heavier than any of the 1000's also, it really won't make a difference unless you're short, you'de have a harder time walking it backwards. Sit on both, the more comfortable of the two for YOU is the one that you should buy. If your wife does or will ride with you, she will be much more comfortable on the Busa, as will you the driver.:beerchug:

IMO Get the Busa . I started out in my 40's and bought a Katana 1100 road it for a month .Then went to a Busa ! Thats been 5 years now . No issues ( yet ) :) powers all in the wrist ! Just get the Busa and ride with common sense..

ok... new R1's are just as fast as a busa for the most part. the difference between the r1 and the busa is THE RIDER. anything above 750 ie 929(and what ever other number they feel like putting on it) - zx14 all comes down too skill. you know that little guy at the local motorcycle hangout that rides the black carbonfiber 600 and always dresses in a one piece race suit, yea, he is going to smoke just about everyone there on the track, not because his 600 is putting out 400whp but because he can drag elbows @ 130mph in a corner.

So here is my thoughts on this, if your going to get an R1, go get a buddy to bash you in the head with a lead pipe until you change your mind and just buy the BUSA. Taking steps is fine and a great way to learn but there is absolutely no step between R1 and BUSA.

I agree. Get the Busa now. I went from an FZ6 to a Busa and don't regret it one bit. I too am older with kids and responsibilities. The power is a wonderful change and I have haven't been riding that long. You need to be careful on any bike, so why not get what you want now?

just go for the busa, just take your time at first and get used to the weight and power, i jumped up from a 600, and i had no problems, just some getting used to...good luck in whatever you decide

Back