Which one to buy?

well i bought my 07for $9000 otd the local dealers wanted almost $14000 for an 08 the few extra hp wasnt worth it to me and i like the 07 better anyway if the 08 was sold in all black I would have considered it. a set of Heli bars and different seat and the bike will be perfect I also added a Puig double bubble in black of course.I think a black 07 is faster than an orange 08 anyway.

The Gen1 and Gen2 busas are different, but the lineage is unmistakeable.

Here's a link to an article I wrote a couple of months back for Rider's Review.

At this writing I have 60k miles on Gen1 'busas and nearly 17k on my Gen2.

I would most strongly recommend the Gen2; it's definitely an upgrade on what was, in my opinion, the most significant motorcycle in sport-bike history.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=77;t=93159;hl=

Scar
+1

Also own both, the Gen II is hands down a better machine! Love ole blue (my 2000) but enjoy the 08 more!

get the 07 add some juice and spank the rest you will still smile at the end of the day...
firedevil.gif

if i were you, i will buy the 08
i´ve tried the 08 last week , in stock runs like my 02 with exhaust + filters + map
the 08 is amazing and a bit more confortable than my oldest

but i have to told you that any year hayabusa is amazing  
bowdown.gif

regrards from barcelona !

I would go with the '08 at this time if I am buying. The '07 is great but since you have a choice to settle with something newer and different, and money is no real objection, he should just be deciding on the colour. Both are great bikes and to me there aren't anything I will settle for at this moment. Congratulations!

I'm a new member and had to make the same choice about a week ago...Red 2007 or Blue 2008...Finally chose the Red 2007. So far so good. I do 95% of my riding along the backroads...The 2007 seems happy, happy is a technical term, through the twisties...I can't get as aggressive in the realeeeeee tight corners as I did with my SV1000 but then we're talking different bikes (A couple of 'Busa' owners have already told me of some serious crashes where Hayabusa riders have tried keeping up with 600cc sportbikes through the Santa Cruz Mountains)...I'm 6'2" so Heli Bars and either some Buell or TL pegs are in my future, maybe some Avon Storm tires later...Everyone that's responded to your question is right about the 2008 updates and the 2007 being less money...But a big part of my decision came down to the cleaner lines of the 2007..Good Luck!
PEACE/RIDE SAFE

Back