Newbie from accross the Ocean

Prairy

Registered
Hi all  
smile.gif

Just wanting to introduce myself.

I'm from the Netherlands (yes, nearby Amsterdam
wink.gif
) currently own a Bandit 1200. I'm planning on buying my own Busa next year.

Hope to have a lot of fun here and find some info for when I'm ready to buy my own  
race.gif

Below picture of me on my Bandit

img_5302.jpg

(BusaBret @ Jul. 26 2007,13:10)
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Nice bike!
beerchug.gif
 Planning on keeping it when you get the Busa?
Thanks
smile.gif

Yes, I am planning on keeping it for getting to and back from work. That's 60 kilometers traffic jam on the highway each day (we're allowed to pass between the cars), so don't want to use the Busa for that (too pretty and too expensive  
wink.gif
 )

Welcome ! Your GSX1200 is a nice machine . I am a bit partial to them myself. Do you plan on keeping and having a stablemate for the Busa  ?

(heavybusa @ Jul. 26 2007,14:19)
 Its always great to see busa riders from across the pond.
Thanks
smile.gif

(mountainmotor @ Jul. 26 2007,14:51) Welcome ! Your GSX1200 is a nice machine . I am a bit partial to them myself. Do you plan on keeping and having a stablemate for the Busa  ?
Yes, am planning to keep it (for work and for my back).

The busa will have enough stablemates, as the B12 is probably staying, and my boyfriend has a GSX-R 1000 K5 (love to ride that too sometimes, but my back doesn't...), and has stored a racebike somewhere which will probably be sold for a dirt bike. So he won't be lonesome  
jump9.gif

, you will find a great group of people here with a wealth on knoledge and willing to help with any questions or concerns.  
beerchug.gif

Love the avatar!
jump9.gif

to the Site, and WHAT  
SHOCKED.gif
a Beautiful Country you live in to ride Your Busa  
super.gif

(katman @ Jul. 26 2007,15:22)
, you will find a great group of people here with a wealth on knoledge and willing to help with any questions or concerns.  
beerchug.gif

Love the avatar!  
jump9.gif
Thanks
smile.gif
And hope so! I really love the colours of the bikes you have here...

(DaCol. @ Jul. 26 2007,16:14)
to the Site, and WHAT  
SHOCKED.gif
a Beautiful Country you live in to ride Your Busa  
super.gif
Thanks  
smile.gif

Nope, not true... For posing, yes, great country. For speeding? Almost every corner has a speed camera, no fun in that...

Wanna trade?  
tounge.gif

smile.gif

aboard! There's several mods you can do to the Busa to make it more comfortable on your back.

Start with handlebar risers. I have 1 1/4" risers on mine and it's a noticeable improvement.

Next - try to get yourself a Tobin seat. That will lower you another inch or two in the seat... sitting you a little more upright.

Good luck on your purchase and we can't wait to see the pics!

(omslaw @ Jul. 26 2007,16:39)
aboard!  There's several mods you can do to the Busa to make it more comfortable on your back.

Start with handlebar risers.  I have 1 1/4" risers on mine and it's a noticeable improvement.

Next - try to get yourself a Tobin seat.  That will lower you another inch or two in the seat... sitting you a little more upright.

Good luck on your purchase and we can't wait to see the pics!
That risers, that's to lift-up the clip-ons right?

There's a guy that lives nearby that makes of re-makes sadles, hope he can do that too.

I'll give it a try with my bandit sadle.

(semi @ Jul. 26 2007,16
zzwhip.gif
)
to the board
Thanks
smile.gif

(ozz @ Jul. 26 2007,16:44)
  bet its some awsome riding over there  
beerchug.gif
Thanks
smile.gif

The quality of the roads is quite good, unfortunately so are the cops chasing you... And all the camera's that check for speed are a true  
pissed.gif

But hey, no country is perfect, right?
wink.gif

smile.gif

to the board - and nice bike.  I'm sure you're getting excited about getting your Busa.  Would love to have had a chance to ride in Holland  
super.gif
.  Spent lots of time there....our European headquarters was in Rotterdam.

My Dutch is not so good, but I'll try - Heb een prachtige dag en ben zorgvuldig daar
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the oRg!!! Nice bike and can't wait to see your Busa once you get it!
beerchug.gif

(Prairy @ Jul. 26 2007,09:52) That risers, that's to lift-up the clip-ons right?
Yup, you've got it!
wink.gif

A buddy of mine didn't think that they would make that much difference...until I let him ride my Busa. He ordered his the same day!

Welcome to the board. Great place to read stuff from and learn from others.

Ride safe...
beerchug.gif

Back