Sunday's Service for Kevin (PICS)

thank you all for representing all of us who could not be there. It's a sad sad day when you say good bye to a fallen brother. God speed Kevin

Wow, Kevin had a nice Busa. He obviously cared for that bike. I hope it goes to someone who will show it the same love.

I have a few more pics I'll post up later in the week. It was nice seeing everyone, just wish it was under better circumstances...

Wow, Kevin had a nice Busa. He obviously cared for that bike. I hope it goes to someone who will show it the same love.

I think I heard that his family is keeping it, I am not 100% on this though. I know they are selling one extra motorcycle he had, it's a smaller 600 i think thery told me, and also trying to sell an extra car he had.

They said Brenda is ok for now financially, but they want to move some stuff that she won't need and doesn't need to keep either.

Folks I just wanted to let you know that flowers have been sent on behalf of all of you.

The arrangement was very nice Cap. I have a picture of it on my call phone. Don't think it will do it justince, but I'll post it if mobody else got one.

Here are my pics from the motorcycle procession. The number of people who attended Saturday and Sunday is a tribute to just how big of a man vman was.

105_4928 (Medium).JPG

105_4930 (Medium).JPG

105_4931 (Medium).JPG

105_4933 (Medium).JPG

105_4934 (Medium).JPG

Bikes at Church.jpg

Great pics.. and vid.. the dust is suddenly stirrin up here at the office again~ Wish we coulda made it there in person... thanks for sharing with us~

I'm still on the road to home...I told Brenda the list was long of those that wanted to be there; she very much appreciates the gang here on the oRg and I know we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

:down: You will be missed Kevin. Thank you for letting us be a part of you.

Beautiful turn out everyone. Thank you for representing all of us that couldn't be there.

I wish we could have been there. What great representation from the .oRg and the number of riders...amazing! It shows just how many lives Kevin touched and so many of us couldn't be there

If You guys could have been with the Family as We read your posts,you would have needed a truck load of kleenex. Thanks for all the Prayers & Posts. Kevins' Oldest Brother, Keith

We made it there yesterday and it was a beautiful ceremony. Sorry for everyone's loss and hope the healing process can begin. I know it will take a long time, but like the pastor said, the greater the love, the harder to let go. Kevin was a great guy from what I saw of him. Prayers sent for the family.

If You guys could have been with the Family as We read your posts,you would have needed a truck load of kleenex. Thanks for all the Prayers & Posts. Kevins' Oldest Brother, Keith

Y'all are welcome to join us at the Bash. I'm sure everyone would enjoy sitting around the fire pit sharing Kevin stories with his family.

I got home about an hour ago...glad to hear everyone else is home and it was great seeing you guys, just wish it were under better circumstances.

Thanks for sharing pics guys...continued thoughts and prayers for Kevin's friends and family...

I wish it had been different circumstances, but it was very good to see all of y'all again. I appreciate you letting a guy on a slow bike hang with you. As BusaWhipped said, it was kind of awe inspiring to see how many people showed up for Kevin. The church choir loft looked like it sat 100-120. The sanctuary looked to me to seat in excess of 1000 and every seat in the choir and sanctuary was full. The motorcyclists, who must have unnerved some of the other motorists on I-240W, were not in the majority. More than 100 in the choir loft and probably double that in the pews identified themselves as members of Mt. Sheba Baptist, where Kevin and his family attended. What a legacy of people whose lives have been touched by this one man!

The sermon was awesome and it became very clear that Kevin's desire was for his death to be equally an opportunity for people to come to know Jesus Christ as his life was. During the eulogy, those of us in attendance heard a description of a man that did what he did for the glory of his Lord and Savior, whether it was swinging a bat, playing softball, working at MR Motorcycle, or riding the Dragon, he did it all for the opportunity to share with others the testimony of his walk with Christ. I'm a preacher and a long-time Baptist and have heard preachers get excited about their messages before, but pastor Steve Rhinehart was clearly under the influence of the Holy Spirit as he told us about the choice everybody has to make regarding Jesus and about Kevin's courage in facing the death of his earthly body and about the faith that Kevin had looking forward to his new home with Jesus.

I don't much care who preaches my funeral, and I'm not expecting attendance like Kevin had. But my hope and prayer is that when it's my turn to vacate this tabernacle and leave it cold and in a box, that whatever friends do see fit to attend will each bring one unsaved person with them, and that in the course of that service, each and every unsaved person there will come to know Jesus and make Him their Lord and King.

I got home around 10 p.m. CDT. I wish we could have all met under better circumstances, but it was nice to see everyone. Thoughts and prayers continue for Brenda and friends and family.

Thanks To EVERYONE who came to the Memorial Ride & Services And To The Ones of You Who Were There in Spirit. For those who know me an those who don't ( I am Keith; Kevin-vman1300s' Brother). You All will never know what a Blessing it was for the Family. Thanks Again To ALL.

I am planning to do a Memorial Slideshow on Kevin, I would like to ask that any of you who would like to donate or share photos' feel free to do so. They can be sent to keikel2@earthlink.net Please let me know where the photo was taken an who you are. Thanx, Keith Varner & Family

Back