Bernis H. Varner

Trashy

Registered
Bernis Howell Varner, 74, of Jacksboro, Tennessee. He went to be with the Lord Jesus Christ, March 10, 2011. Bernis was a member of Cedar Hill Baptist Church, LaFollette , Tennessee. He was previously a member of Oakley Baptist Church, Asheville , North Carolina . He is a 1955 graduate of Lee Edward’s High School & spent many years employed by Coke-a-Cola, Pepsi Cola, Sealtest Dairies, and Kraft General Foods, Breyers Frozen Products Division, in Asheville North Carolina & Greenville, South Carolina. He was affectionately known as “Popsicle.â€￾ His life was a living testimony to his never ending faith in Jesus Christ, his love for his family & friends, & his wonderful sense of humor & laughter. He is predeceased by his parents, Lorenzo Dow & Clara Mae Varner, his brothers Bill, James, & L.D. Varner; sisters Ruth & Alice; and his son, Brian Kevin Varner.* He is survived by his wife, Louise Wells Varner of Jacksboro, Tennessee; his son, Bernis Keith Varner of Newberry, South Carolina, & his children: Michelle Griffin & husband, Todd, & sons Scott & Eli of Inman, South Carolina; Norman Varner of Texas; & Rebecca Warren & husband, Alan of Asheville, North Carolina & children William, Abigail, Gus. He is survived by his daughter, Kathy Varner Jennings & husband, Richard of Henniker, New Hampshire, and their children: Shannon James, & husband, Tracy, and their daughters Shyne, Lilly, & Izabella of Augusta, Georgia. Yvette Lunsford, & husband Jeremiah, of Candler, North Carolina Krystal Jennings of Henniker, New Hampshire
Visitation 6 to 8 PM Saturday March 12th at Cedar Hill Baptist Church, LaFollette, TN. Service will be held at 8PM at the church following visitation. *Burial to take place Sunday March 13th at 2PM at Powell Valley Cemetery, LaFollette, TN.* Memorial Service to be held at Oakley Baptist Church, Asheville, North Carolina Sunday March 20th at 3PM.* In Lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Cedar Hill Baptist Church Building Fund, 636 Demory Rd, LaFollette, Tennesssee* 37766

Sending prayers for you and your family. RIP Mr Varner, you left behind a great legacy for your wonderful children to carry on.

Remember and rejoyce the life and grieve only the passing. Prayers.

Keith, I'm sorry for your loss but as you told me on the phone he's in a much better place now. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

The family is in our prayers. I remember working some Ice cream projects with him and his cb handle was "popcycle", I had forgotten that. RIP Bernis.

Back