Sunday's Service for Kevin (PICS)

I wish it had been different circumstances, but it was very good to see all of y'all again. I appreciate you letting a guy on a slow bike hang with you. As BusaWhipped said, it was kind of awe inspiring to see how many people showed up for Kevin. The church choir loft looked like it sat 100-120. The sanctuary looked to me to seat in excess of 1000 and every seat in the choir and sanctuary was full. The motorcyclists, who must have unnerved some of the other motorists on I-240W, were not in the majority. More than 100 in the choir loft and probably double that in the pews identified themselves as members of Mt. Sheba Baptist, where Kevin and his family attended. What a legacy of people whose lives have been touched by this one man!

The sermon was awesome and it became very clear that Kevin's desire was for his death to be equally an opportunity for people to come to know Jesus Christ as his life was. During the eulogy, those of us in attendance heard a description of a man that did what he did for the glory of his Lord and Savior, whether it was swinging a bat, playing softball, working at MR Motorcycle, or riding the Dragon, he did it all for the opportunity to share with others the testimony of his walk with Christ. I'm a preacher and a long-time Baptist and have heard preachers get excited about their messages before, but pastor Steve Rhinehart was clearly under the influence of the Holy Spirit as he told us about the choice everybody has to make regarding Jesus and about Kevin's courage in facing the death of his earthly body and about the faith that Kevin had looking forward to his new home with Jesus.

I don't much care who preaches my funeral, and I'm not expecting attendance like Kevin had. But my hope and prayer is that when it's my turn to vacate this tabernacle and leave it cold and in a box, that whatever friends do see fit to attend will each bring one unsaved person with them, and that in the course of that service, each and every unsaved person there will come to know Jesus and make Him their Lord and King.

Well said man, well said...

:brave:

Thanks To EVERYONE who came to the Memorial Ride & Services And To The Ones of You Who Were There in Spirit. For those who know me an those who don't ( I am Keith; Kevin-vman1300s' Brother). You All will never know what a Blessing it was for the Family. Thanks Again To ALL.

I am planning to do a Memorial Slideshow on Kevin, I would like to ask that any of you who would like to donate or share photos' feel free to do so. They can be sent to keikel2@earthlink.net Please let me know where the photo was taken an who you are. Thanx, Keith Varner & Family
What a special family you have... was amazing how open everyones arms were when the bikes rolled in.. I doubt there was a dry eye in the bike ride either..

Rev Jaime (sp?) really spelled out how special Kevin was when he could not speak for the tears he had of loss and joy at the same time..

Thank you for allowing us the honor to ride for Kevin :)

I want to say thank you for coming to Kev's memorial and for all the thoughts and prayers. The Hayabusa.org family will never know what you meant to him and me. We will all miss him.

Thank you for everything.

Brenda
(Vman's Wife)

Brenda, Thank you for sharing Kevin with all of us. He was a very special person who touched alot of lives. I know knowing him made me a better person. I think the service was just as he would have wanted it.

Brenda, you are in my thoughts and prayers. We all want so badly to help you through this if at all possible. You are an amazingly strong woman and if you need anything, you know we're always here.

I want to say thank you for coming to Kev's memorial and for all the thoughts and prayers. The Hayabusa.org family will never know what you meant to him and me. We will all miss him.

Thank you for everything.

Brenda
(Vman's Wife)

Brenda, please let us know if you ever want for anything. I don't normally represent for the oRg. but just know that your oRg family loves you.

Brenda, you are in my thoughts and prayers. We all want so badly to help you through this if at all possible. You are an amazingly strong woman and if you need anything, you know we're always here.

+1. It tried to talk to her at the viewing, but all I was able to do was shed tears. Brenda has amazing strength, but what else would we expect from the wife of such an amazing man.

Continued thoughts and prayers out to you and your family, Brenda. :please:

Like Michelle said, if there is anything you need, please let us know.

hey, Brenda.

I've been following the hayabusa.org web site for almost a year now. Havn't said much, just stood by and listened. I am amazed at the thoughtfulness and dedication to one another the group portrays. And then I came across the thread about your husband...

I constantly look for examples to share with my boys about how important it is to live life to the fullest and with purpose. I brought my family into the office and we went through posts after posts about Kevin and the obvious influence he had on others. I count what little we've discovered of 'Vman' as another jewel we add to the treasure chests of our hearts. I wished we could have known him more.

Our prayers are with you.

The strength of a woman like you to go through this and be as steadfast as you have been and will be is a tribute to both you, kevin and your marriage and the relationship you both had with Jesus,

It makes me wonder if I had to dig deep within me could I persevere also, I am saved and love the lord but I have let myself slip.

Thanks Brenda for showing me it's a choice and a love so strong, you never know how many people will be touched by your mere peace, and what you don't have to say, just your presence...

:brave:

As painful as this has been, seeing the pictures finally made it land on me with both feet. I'm breakin' up over this and never really thought I would. I knew Kevin well enough but didn't realize I had known him this well.

Brenda, everyone. We were all fortunate to know Kevin, in real life or just on this board.

--Wag-

Thank you for posting the link to the video. I have been pretty bummed out that I wasn't able to attend the service on sunday. After seeing the video it got me a little more choked up. The pictures looked amazing. I am thankful that a bunch of our members made it up there.

I hope to see you guys soon.

lighter note...Did I see BILL in one of those pictures?!?

Well, if you watch that video from West Home, be advised that you'll need to get a box of kleenex first.

Wow.

Ain't that the truth! Thanks for posting that up. Look at that thick hair!!!

Wow.

Best find that box of kleenex again.

Thanks for the work that went into this...well done.

Back