Kevin (vman1300) is at peace...

i never met him but talked to him many times on here.. Ill miss the conversations.

Kevin Varner Tribute Ride -Sunday

A tribute ride for Kevin will start at MR Motorcycle and will be led by the Iron Cavalry Motorcycle Club.

Riders will meet this Sunday, March 29th, at 1pm, at MR Motorcycle, 774 Hendersonville Road (Highway 25), Asheville.

Directions: I-40, Exit 50, South one mile.

Non-riders are also invited to follow the ride to Mount Sheba Baptist Church in Weaverville, where the services for Kevin will begin at 2pm.

Mike Maki
Parts & Accessories Manager
MR Motorcycle
774 Hendersonville Road
Asheville NC 28803
(828)277-8600 x107
FAX 277-1862
Carolina's New and Used Motorcycle and ATV Dealer | Honda Suzuki Kawasaki and Yamaha

MRCycles

mrcycles.jpg

Kevin,

I'm sad that I never got the chance to meet you in person, but I'm happy that your pain is over. I knew from the first time I talked to you on the phone that you were a man who loved life and who had a huge heart. I know you're rejoicing in heaven with our Lord and Savior. You have so many friends here and you will never be forgotten. We will miss you greatly, but we will also be happy for the fact that you no longer have to suffer. I look forward to the day that I can finally meet you, illness free and enjoying the perfection of eternal life!

I have not been on here frequently, as the 4 businesses I own are taking up way too much of my time (good thing, no doubt) but I did get the pleasure of meeting Kevin at the Spring Bash last year... and seeing art in motion as he carved the cure at Fontana Damn. What a great guy, this is sad news indeed. I was awed at the confidence with which he fought for and lived his life. :bowdown:

My wife and I shall send prayers for his soul :( RIP Brother.

RIP Vman, it was a pleasure to meet you at my first bash. Thanks for everything that you did for this site and everyone involved with it..

I never knew Kevin, but after reading all the posts about him he must have been an awesome guy to have as a friend. I have to also say after reading his original post on the problems he was originally having I have decided to stop procrastinating and go ahead and visit the doctor.

Lord, I pray you will provide his family and friends a peace that passes all understanding.

Kevin was one of the best human beings I have ever met. He lived ife to the fullest and was an inspiration to many. He will be missed and I am honored to have known him. I love you man and god speed!!

Rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers to your family and friends. Thanks for the great example of brotherhood.

Just reading the posts about this guy brought me to tears...

"Papa, thanks for bringing a tangible awareness of who You are to the lives of others through one of your children...help us all to do the same. Thanks for surrounding those closest to Kevin with the definitions of comfort and peace...as only those who know You can. Help us all to share our lives unselfishly so that those who don't know you...can."

See you soon, Kevin!

Last edited:
I have been away for a very long time, dealing with some issues on the homefront. I looked and looked, but could not find a link as to what happened? May also be that it is 1:46am on another sleepless night. Please help me find the link as tho what happened.
Thoughts and prayers.

Jman, I'm sure Kevin would be thrilled to know that someone found the confidence and resolve to visit his doctor to find out for sure if there were any problems. I can wholeheartedly recommend getting checked out. I've had two colonoscopies in the last 6 years and both times I've had polyps removed. Would this have helped Kevin find and beat this? Maybe, most likely absolutely. Early intervention seems to work real well with colon and prostate cancer. Unfortunately doctor's don't really recommend them until after age 45 without prior problems. If you have any concerns, then by all means see your doctor.

Jman, I'm sure Kevin would be thrilled to know that someone found the confidence and resolve to visit his doctor to find out for sure if there were any problems. I can wholeheartedly recommend getting checked out. I've had two colonoscopies in the last 6 years and both times I've had polyps removed. Would this have helped Kevin find and beat this? Maybe, most likely absolutely. Early intervention seems to work real well with colon and prostate cancer. Unfortunately doctor's don't really recommend them until after age 45 without prior problems. If you have any concerns, then by all means see your doctor.

Early intervention really helps in Cancer, but in Kevin's case...he may not have known until he was having some issues over the summer. God had plans for him...and now he is watching over all of us!

I never had the chance to meet him but I have heard nothing but good about him. Hopefully he can still log on to the org and see what he meant to everyone here! RIP!

Never got to meet you personnally, but we have posted with each other several times. You will be missed by the family here on the Org.:bowdown:

Back