Suburban tow rating??

warwgn

Hi,I'm Dustin.Do you like my dancing
Donating Member
Registered
In the works trying to get a 91 Suburban C/K2500 with the overdrive trans and 4X4, I cant find the tow rating for #### and nobody knows. It has the 14bolt rear end (with 3.73 gears I think) and I will try and buy a toyhauler next year but I just wondered if anybody might know how much I will be rated to pull(in stock trim, like that will last) Thanks for any help

With a class 3 type hitch 8000 lbs with a weight dist hitch 10000 lbs.

Call your dearships service dept and give them your VIN, they will be able to tell you.

thanks and good idea, I hope to be around 10K Lbs after I re-gear and put bigger tires.

Suburbans. Very cool. Very tuff.

They are also the vehicle that has had the longest production of all time.

GMC

Here's my Toy Hauler!

Burb01.jpg

With a class 3 type hitch 8000 lbs with a weight dist hitch 10000 lbs.
Right on the Money!
I looked in to it a while back for my 98 Tahoe and found out the only way I could pull 10000 lbs is with the weight dist hitch and a big block. So this summer in goes a 454 from a 2500 series suburban already got the wire harness (new from dealer) as well as the mounting brackets for the a/c, alternator and power steering. This should be fun?
I will also be changing to a 4L80 transmission as well.

Thats a nice looking truck!!

I'm planning on putting in a GM Performance 572, got to love 620HP and 650Lbs of torque. Plus I have some 37x12.50 BFG M/T's for 18" wheels so I will want the extra juice for towing.

If you are going with 37" rubber, make sure you put in some 4:11 gears (at least!) otherwise it'll be like 3:23's or higher! Those tall tires make a dramatic change to the final drive ratio...

If you are planning on pulling 10K lbs, I'd reccomend some stout overloads or airbags too.. Sounds like you'll have enough motor:p Make sure you have the 4 80le trans for sure too...'91 was right in the era where some GM trucks had overdrive and some didn't.

I was actually thinking 4.56 or 4.88 since it does have the 4L80e. thanks for the advice.

Back