Tow truck driver shoots man

BrianKesler

Registered
A tow truck driver in Florida towed away a mans vehicle becasue it was parked in a no parking zone. The impound lot was only a few blocks away and the man followed him there. After the tow truck driver unhooked the car, the guy jumped in and tried to take off, and apparently tried to run the tow truck driver over. The tow truck driver shot a single round, killing the man.

Im pretty sure thats how the story went, i saw it on the news last night but i cant find an article about it right now. From what the news said, the tow truck driver will not be charged because of the new Florida law. I personally think its great.

well if he tried 2 run him over nothing wrong with defending his self but if he was just taking car he had lisence # i will look for article.

It will depend on alot of things,like what are the individuals' back grounds, were there any witnesses? If not, good for the tow truck driver.The guy will still need a lawyer.you cant just kill somebody even if it was self defence and not have to answer any questions about it.I would prolly have just moved out of his way,but I think the law clearly states: "if you are fearing for your life, you then have the right to use deadly force"

What is real bad about this is that the tow truck driver is just doing his job. People always get angry and attack the tow truck driver or repo man. If you are in a tow away zone what do you expect you retard and if you aren't paying for your car do you really expect them let you keep it. Props to the guy for what he did if the guy really tried to hurt him.

Not enough info,
but if the tow truck driver didn't jump out in front of the guy driving away, it is justified.

The question is was the tow truck driver playing police officer and attempting to stop the guy from driving off?

Not enough info,
but if the tow truck driver didn't jump out in front of the guy driving away, it is justified.

The question is was the tow truck driver playing police officer and attempting to stop the guy from driving off?
should it matter?

the fellow was taking off with his property afterall.

But his property was towed and it was in the custody of the tow truck dirver. I am not trying to ruffle your feathers ego so don't take this the wrong way. Forget about the shooting for a second, It was parked in a no parking zone and towed. The man could have paid a fine and had his car back but, the "hey that is my s***" attitude in this situation is the wrong way to approach it. That is why it is a no parking zone, You can't freaking park there. There are alot of holes in the story that could help but I think the guy was just being an a** and tried to run over a guy for doing his job.

<!--EDIT|usmcbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136928957 -->

the sad thing is a life was lost over a amount of money for the fine and tow which is just terrible and given the benefit of a doubt that he was indeed in fear of his life and cleared from criminal wrong doing I'm sure it will be followed up with a civil suit and lots of court time
sad.gif

the fellow was taking off with his property afterall.
+1

Track driver killed the guy for $50 bucks. It is doesn`t matter why car driver was pissed and try to run. I don`t believe that he wanted run over that guy.

Does he deserved to be murdered? I don`t think so.

I can`t imagine track driver running away from the car....

Human life have no value to others until it`s their own life....

+1 Vic human life isnt valuable until its yours.Everyone says shoot em up until its them being shot at then they want to sue everyone from the shooter to the guy who made the bullets. I know this is a generalization, you know one of those " if the shoe fits " kinda of thing.

+1 Vic human life isnt valuable until its yours.Everyone says shoot em up until its them being shot at then they want to sue everyone from the shooter to the guy who made the bullets. I know this is a generalization, you know one of those " if the shoe fits " kinda of thing.
Usually there's a reason someone is being "shot at" and I highly doubt that shoe fits anyone posting here.

I've never been shot at, then again I've:

Never tried to rob someone while brandishing a weapon.
Never stole a car.
Never stole a motorcycle.
Never tried to run someone over.
Never tried to rape someone.
Never broke into someones house.
Never held up a convenient store.
Never tried to kill someone just for hell of it.

People who do those things are SCUM OF THE EARTH and DESERVE TO DIE...their life if worth ZERO. Other than DEATH, the only other fitting thing would be a shot to the spine rendering the SCUM quadriplegic for the rest of his life.

If the guy did indeed try to run down the tow truck driver, then the tow truck driver deserves a medal for ridding the earth of SCUM.

What I find interesting is he killed the guy with one shot.
Replace the truck driver with a cop see what happens.
A. There'ed be 4 or more.
B. They'd each empty their 16 round 9mm pistol
C. None of the rounds would hit their intended target.

As far as the story goes. The truck driver probably shouldn't have tried to stop the
guy. Its not in his job description. Heck at the time he may not have known that the
car belonged to the deceased. If however the deceased tried to hit the trucker with
his car, he got what he deserved.

pirate.gif
Raider out.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1323"|1136987429 -->

I just sent an email to our local news station, hopefully I'll hear something within the next couple of hours.

A couple things that don't add up regardless of how the story unfolds. Picture this:

You tow my car a few blocks away.
I find my car after you lower it and leave it sitting there.
I get in my car, start it and put it in drive.
I see you standing in front of me at some point and decide to run you over.
You shoot and kill me with a single shot.

First. Let's assume you are not near my vehicle when I find it. So, there's no arguing and no scuffle. I start it and start to drive off.

Are you standing there in front of me with a gun already drawn? Sure I'm going to steer toward you because I feel I'm defending myself now... I mean are you drawing a weapon on me with the possibility of killing me over a towing fine for my car? I mean I'm not stealing anything by the fine and you have my plate so you know who I am and can call the authorities.

Did you hear my car start and come running out of a shack/building/from around a corner? I decide to try to run you down, just because. You're standing right there after all and I'm pissed. So you have time to pull out a pistol from a shoulder harness, belt holster (or just tucked in to your belt), or some other area... draw on me, get a good single shot, and still avoid the car that was heading in your direction (I mean I didn't hit the brakes just because you shot and killed me)... however you didn't use all that time spent killing me (defending? yourself) to just get out of the way?

You're not going to die by getting "hit by a car" unless the car has at least a few car lengths or more to travel before hitting you. I mean, it's got to have some speed... so you're 20+ feet away from a car that was just started and the pedal mashed. Unless my car is all muscle 20+ feet doesn't give me room to get up the speed required to actually hit you before you can get out of the way, especially if you had time to draw and fire your weapon. Hide behind a building or another car in the yard.

Now, let's assume you're right there when I take my car. We've probably had words. We're both pissed. Who knows, maybe I'm drunk too. Problem is, are you standing 5 feet in front of my car as I try to pull away? Are you licensed to carry a concealed fire arm or did you brandish it (premeditated if you did brandish it not reactionary by the way - what are the gun laws in Florida?)? In 5 feet will my car be going fast enough that you couldn't have gotten out of the way or jumped up onto the hood at worse case? So shooting at a moving car that still didn't stop and still didn't hit you was the only course of action?

Then there are the subtlties...

Were there burn marks on the pavement (if it was gravel, how could I achieve a hard launch)?

Where was I shot? The back of the head? The chest? The forehead? The side of the head?

Where did the car come to rest?

Where did you get the firearm? What type and caliber of firearm was it?

I see a much darker truth than what the media (and this driver) are reporting thus far. I just don't see how he can claim his life was truly threatened and he had sufficient reason to react the way he did. I'll fall back on the two variables that keep coming back to the defense of the driver regardless of the driver's intent. If the trucker had time to draw and shoot, he had time to get out of the way. If the trucker shot the driver, the car wouldn't have stopped instantly, which proves the trucker could have simple moved out of the way.

I'm just one guy typing...

OK.. as the story goes...
These three guys (all brothers) where at a local bar drinking to the passing of a fourth brother they had just laid to rest~ The bar is next to a Kanes (a furnature store) which had hired the towing company to keep the bar patrons from parking in their lot~
The brothers had left the bar and was told by witnesses one of their vehicles had been towed to a yard just around the corner~ As they aproached the tow truck driver he began "waving his gun in their faces"~ They said they didn't want any trouble like that and climbed back into their car~ The tow truck driver kept aim on them and as the brothers were backing away from the driver he got off one shot~ Don't know if his trigger finger just twitched or what~ The brothers didn't even realize one of them had been shot until they got somewhere and someone had noticed one of them was bleeding~ He died later in the hospital from the loss of blood~
I'll try to dig up and post the actual story later... and can't seem to copy and paste from this HP Client PC at the office~
I am a licensed carry holder and still find this wrong~ If the guys had been backing away, the driver had no right to shoot~ His finger shouldn't even have been on the trigger.. if it was a case of itchy trigger finger~
rock.gif
If the guys had attempted to run him down, then yes.. he was in his rights to shoot~ But that's not the way I had read the story~
I'll see if I can dig it up...

If I was a judge his ass would be in jail for the next 10 years.
I`m not... any of you could be next.
For me he is murderer, no less.

Back