Street Racing

We all have our riding vices. Whether it be racing, dragging a knee, popping a wheelie or a high speed run. All are illegal and dangerous on public roads. All can have a huge price to pay. All are done by most members here at one time or another.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Agreed. Tough to judge, when you have done similar or worse.

either you hit them or they hit you just gotta know when to be stupid and when to watch out

Don't like street racing? Then don't do it..

NEVER speed or ride spirited in any form on your sportbike. For that is a form of racing in itself. Oh, that's different? I see the double standard now...

So why ride a Busa? There are lots of things that are illegal that we all do because they "acceptable" and when done in moderation no harm is done. Spirited riding in the right place and time is no worse than running a red light in the middle of the night with no cars around. Riding is risky but the statistics show that riding in the rules at rush hour is way more dangerous than hitting the twisties at the Dragon. If you don't sample the evil side of the Busa once in awhile then you're just sitting on it to make people think you do.

When I was 18 and had my 88 Trans Am Mustangs feared me and I backed away from nobody.
The blue bottle in the back under my tinted back glass gave me 125hp of extra confidence :laugh:

But never in my life did I 'race' bikes on the street. Did I fly around exceeding the speed limit having fun with friends?
Yes more than I care to remember. Now I go way out west by myself on a four lane high black top that is super smooth.
Only a side street ever three or four miles. I crest a little hill and can see oncoming lanes for miles. It's just plain flat, straight and perfectly smooth. Then if the coast is clear it's......roll on baby! :)

I love cruising at 4k rpm around 80 in 6th and then just Rollin into full throttle for about 30 seconds or so.
Then I let off and act like it wasn't me :)

I had a White 1988 TA also. Unfortunatley it was the 305 and not the 350. I remember paying out big bucks (in those day) for the Goodyear Eagle GT's. Good times.

I did quite a bit of it when I was young in my cars. Got caught 2 times and had to walk for a while so I decided it was not for me anymore. I know a lot of people that still do it and just pray the never have an accident. It seems to be a lot more traffic out now then it use to be around here so it could be bad if things went wrong.

First off the pictures have been around for awhile. The first picture was set up and NOT from an actual wreck. It is bogus garbage. If you must race on the street, do it when no one else is around. Pretty simple really.........

Back