Street Racing

dragonbusa

Registered
Is it worth it? you be the judge, have i done it? YES will I do it again? I HOPE NOT.

MC%20crash%204.jpg

Motorcycle%20Crash.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    490.8 KB · Views: 434
I have seen that first one and read the story. Crazy. Yes I used to do it alot in a car and on the bike in my younger single days. I have a family now and wouldn't even think about it.

Sent from Thrill using Tapatalk

Man.....what ever ....the same thing will happen if a car pulls on the race track in front of you :whistle:
If a car pulls on the race track? I dont think a mini van full of kids is gonna pull out in front of you at the race track. I"ve been going to the drag strip since 1969 and have never seen a car pull out in front of a racer. SAY WHAT? back away from the pipe homi

If a car pulls on the race track? I dont think a mini van full of kids is gonna pull out in front of you at the race track. I"ve been going to the drag strip since 1969 and have never seen a car pull out in front of a racer. SAY WHAT? back away from the pipe homi

it was a joke...I'm sure.

I kidd I kidd.....Im willing to share my pipe with you :laugh:

I did a lot of street racing in high school but we did it on a road that was pretty much dead at night, no traffic.I would never do it on the bust roads like these punk ass kids in theyr stupid honda civics and killing innocent people.

i tend to agree with above, when i did alot of street racing was a street that had no side streets and was a dead road where no one traved late at night. now adays kids race anywhere and everywhere kinda crazy....NOW not saying what i did was better then a drag strip but after drag racing all day at strip then go out at night i was young and couldn't get enough but atleast we used a safe spot..kids now adays think they are super man.

This picture is misleading. I can post similar picture of car wrecks of people who were simply commuting, and I would say that commuting is really dangerous, and everyone should stop driving all-together.

You know, there is a silent killer on the loose. Yesterday, more than 100 people were killed by this silent killer in the US, and the day before yesterday, and today, and about the same number will be killed tomorrow, and the next day, and so on, and so forth. You don't hear it on the news much - don't understand why - people are dead. You know who the killer is? Ask me if you didn't figure it out yet.

Just pointing out how easy it is to provide a seemingly convincing argument which proves nothing. Racing all out is probably a bad idea, and again depends on the conditions and time, but having some fun within reason is hardly any worse than most riding we do on bikes.

This picture is misleading. I can post similar picture of car wrecks of people who were simply commuting, and I would say that commuting is really dangerous, and everyone should stop driving all-together.

You know, there is a silent killer on the loose. Yesterday, more than 100 people were killed by this silent killer in the US, and the day before yesterday, and today, and about the same number will be killed tomorrow, and the next day, and so on, and so forth. You don't hear it on the news much - don't understand why - people are dead. You know who the killer is? Ask me if you didn't figure it out yet.

Just pointing out how easy it is to provide a seemingly convincing argument which proves nothing. Racing all out is probably a bad idea, and again depends on the conditions and time, but having some fun within reason is hardly any worse than most riding we do on bikes.
I read that entire paragraph and still have no idea what you just said or what ur even talking about or who even referring to?

I read that entire paragraph and still have no idea what you just said or what ur even talking about or who even referring to?

I explained that no reasonable conclusion can be made based on the original two pictures in the post. As an example, I presented some stats from traffic fatalities across the US occurring every day. I also suggested that a balanced approach is more realistic - when it comes to street racing, all out street racing on busy roads is obviously a bad idea, while doing the same thing somewhere in the middle of nowhere is reasonable, or racing but not all out - just for fun, when traffic is light, and conditions are good. Same with commuting - an aggressive driver in heavy traffic is a disaster waiting to happen.

I explained that no reasonable conclusion can be made based on the original two pictures in the post. As an example, I presented some stats from traffic fatalities across the US occurring every day. I also suggested that a balanced approach is more realistic - when it comes to street racing, all out street racing on busy roads is obviously a bad idea, while doing the same thing somewhere in the middle of nowhere is reasonable, or racing but not all out - just for fun, when traffic is light, and conditions are good. Same with commuting - an aggressive driver in heavy traffic is a disaster waiting to happen.
ok, got it. I have seen many deaths involving motorcycles (40-50 over the last 16 years) and none were a result of motorcycles street racing. seen quite a few from cars street racing but never motorcycles.

most who die on motorcyles die as a result of their excessive speeds on city streets where operators of cars cannot gauge their speeds due to them being a smaller mass but excessive speed is why most die on motorcycles in my experience.

ive seen a few that have died as a result of someone just pulling in front of them while making a left hand turn or eating a red light but again speed is all to often the primary reason for most motorcyles fatalities as they are in car fatalities. the first picture shows a guy traveling pretty fast but he could have been traveling fast legally (50-55) and been cut off so its hard to tell.

ok, got it. I have seen many deaths involving motorcycles (40-50 over the last 16 years) and none were a result of motorcycles street racing. seen quite a few from cars street racing but never motorcycles.

most who die on motorcyles die as a result of their excessive speeds on city streets where operators of cars cannot gauge their speeds due to them being a smaller mass but excessive speed is why most die on motorcycles in my experience.

ive seen a few that have died as a result of someone just pulling in front of them while making a left hand turn or eating a red light but again speed is all to often the primary reason for most motorcyles fatalities as they are in car fatalities. the first picture shows a guy traveling pretty fast but he could have been traveling fast legally (50-55) and been cut off so its hard to tell.

You are absolutely right in your assessment - local riding/commuting is the most dangerous activity. That is why I made a concious decision to NOT commute on the bike, not ride locally, or in the dark, or in the wet (at least not on purpose) - only to get to the highway, or to get to country roads, or do a track day. On occasion, somewhere on the highway I may play a bit with an occasional bike or a Corvette, but never to win - just to have a bit of fun when traffic is light and conditions are good, wave good-bye, and continue on my way.

^^this^^

I don't race ever on the street even. The reason is because the fact that you are racing makes you take lots more risks. Your threshold for rolling the dice drops way low. I do ride fast on the street at times and I have been to crazy speeds (169 mph on GPS). But that was not racing and I shut it down when things looked like they were getting out of control (like approaching populated areas). I think reasonable spirited riding on the street is ok within reason, but racing belongs on a track where you only have to focus on beating the other guy.

When I was 18 and had my 88 Trans Am Mustangs feared me and I backed away from nobody.
The blue bottle in the back under my tinted back glass gave me 125hp of extra confidence :laugh:

But never in my life did I 'race' bikes on the street. Did I fly around exceeding the speed limit having fun with friends?
Yes more than I care to remember. Now I go way out west by myself on a four lane high black top that is super smooth.
Only a side street ever three or four miles. I crest a little hill and can see oncoming lanes for miles. It's just plain flat, straight and perfectly smooth. Then if the coast is clear it's......roll on baby! :)

I love cruising at 4k rpm around 80 in 6th and then just Rollin into full throttle for about 30 seconds or so.
Then I let off and act like it wasn't me :)

Don't like street racing? Then don't do it..

NEVER speed or ride spirited in any form on your sportbike. For that is a form of racing in itself. Oh, that's different? I see the double standard now...

We all have our riding vices. Whether it be racing, dragging a knee, popping a wheelie or a high speed run. All are illegal and dangerous on public roads. All can have a huge price to pay. All are done by most members here at one time or another.

from my dunce stool via tapatalk

Back