How fast can i go!!

Racing and two up riding should never be mentioned in the same sentence. No matter how clever you are or how much money you spend, one or the other will suffer.

Race ready suspension will make your wife hate you on two up rides and two up suspension will make racing a struggle.

I think your only solution if you are truely interested in going fast is two bikes. One comfy for the wifey and one blazing fast to impress the rest of the women! :cheerleader:

In that case, low-8's is going to be harder than you think! I would shoot for 9's and let us know how that works out... :beerchug:

I will let you know when i go 9's this season. Do you think my weight will hurt me that much. Im not really a fat kid i lift weights and are fairly muscular

I will let you know when i go 9's this season. Do you think my weight will hurt me that much. Im not really a fat kid i lift weights and are fairly muscular

Yes, 280lbs is 280lbs, no matter how you package it. I'm 100lbs lighter than you, and I'll go faster than you all day long on the same bike because of it. You've got alot more mass to get moving, that's what you have to overcome.

I know a local fella that has a Gen I he races with valid Georgia plates. He told me one night that it was a 1720 stroker, with turbo and n2o. Some of the 1/4 mile fellas can straighten this out if it's wrong. The n2o might have been for his shifter.

YES....it is a lot harder for us big/tall guys. Low-8's is going to take a LOT of cash to go that fast at your size...depending on your skill, you could spend a bunch just going mid-9's...

Yes, 280lbs is 280lbs, no matter how you package it. I'm 100lbs lighter than you, and I'll go faster than you all day long on the same bike because of it. You've got alot more mass to get moving, that's what you have to overcome.

guess i'll just have to up the boost the huh :laugh:

I would rather spend the extra coin and build it myself that way i know its done right and no corners were cut

I would rather spend the extra coin and build it myself that way i know its done right and no corners were cut

i understand that, but at the same time a 600+hp bike cant really have too many corners cut :laugh:

even some reputable tuners have turbo bikes for sale for not much more than just the kits cost. not including electronics, installs, time working out bugs, etc etc. just throwing it out there.

good luck in your pursuit.

i understand that, but at the same time a 600+hp bike cant really have too many corners cut :laugh:

even some reputable tuners have turbo bikes for sale for not much more than just the kits cost. not including electronics, installs, time working out bugs, etc etc. just throwing it out there.

good luck in your pursuit.

Your probably right but at the same time i dont know how that bike was treated and i would not feel comfortable buying it.

Plus i have another bike to ride for cruising. The wife wont let me buy another bike when i have 2 already. :laugh::whistle:

I have seen Destin07's bike in person....

and then i ----ed in my pants.

Does anybody know what legth of a stretch is good for 8's

Not to be redundant but it all depends on you&how well you 60' your bike. I know guys who run 8's on a SWB,others have 10"+ arms&they still cant break into the 8's. Id say 6" over depending on how much HP you have since your pushin 250+lbs:laugh:

Not to be redundant but it all depends on you&how well you 60' your bike. I know guys who run 8's on a SWB,others have 10"+ arms&they still cant break into the 8's. Id say 6" over depending on how much HP you have since your pushin 250+lbs:laugh:

8's on swb thats awsome. My best 60' is 1.7 but ike i said earlier the bike was not even sutup properly for the track. Ryan Schnitz is going to help me set the bike up and give me some lessons so that will help out alot for this season

Back