How fast can i go!!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
On the busa and still be able to ride me and the wife around on the street if i want. I getting the busa set up for the 1/4. I want to get it as fast as possible but still be able to ride on the street when i feel like it. I know 7's are out of the question judging by all the stuf that is done to those bikes, there would be no room for the wife

As fast as you want until you go into a no passenger seat bike. :laugh: But its not even really about the wife as long as you keep the bike streetable enough for you to enjoy on the roads its really on her if shes okay with being on it. Sometime leaving certain details out isnt bad. :rofl:

How much you got to spend?:laugh: That's the real question. Gearing is the cheapest for going faster in the 1/4, and still be easy on the street. +3 rear sprocket is always a nice boost, quickens things up and doesn't kill your cruising rpm's.

I guess that how i should have asked it. How fast can i go and still ride a passenger.I can spend whatever i feel like working overtime for LOL so money is not a problem. I'm already +3 in the rear:thumbsup:

Or were you mainly asking what mods you could do to it?

KINDA. I want it to be track ready at all times but still be able to take it out if i need to and do some street racing or go to bike night, take the wife out for a ride.

KINDA. I want it to be track ready at all times but still be able to take it out if i need to and do some street racing or go to bike night, take the wife out for a ride.

Until you go to a square drag tire and wheelie bar(s), most anything else will still be streetable for what you seem to want.
Plenty of folks here streetin turbos, Nitros, strokers, extended arms. I think you need a budget and ET/mph goal first.

Probably mid to low 8's for et. From what i have been watchting the 7's bike are way to modified and i dont like that look and to me is not streetable

Probably mid to low 8's for et. From what i have been watchting the 7's bike are way to modified and i dont like that look and to me is not streetable

Yeah, 7s not really a streetbike:laugh: You need to decide what type of power adder you want to use. Do you like the extended tails(or would you even use one?)? Some of them use the stock seat cowl, and of course then the passenger seat also.

Yeah, 7s not really a streetbike:laugh: You need to decide what type of power adder you want to use. Do you like the extended tails(or would you even use one?)? Some of them use the stock seat cowl, and of course then the passenger seat also.

Thats one of the problems i dont like the extended tails. probably will be boost. Gonna start this season with mods i have now and then i might stretch and spray it towards the end of this season and find a motor to build for boost

A local guy in Brissy was running high 8's on a very streetable turbo bike.
Ridden to and from the strip / pub / trip's down the coast.

I have been watching some videos of bikes doing exactly what i want. Mid 8's would be perfect and Sleeper:whistle:

First off, have you been to the track before and if so how fast are you running with current mods?

Mid/low-8's is a BIG jump if you haven't been 9's before... ???

First off, have you been to the track before and if so how fast are you running with current mods?

Mid/low-8's is a BIG jump if you haven't been 9's before... ???

yes i have been to the track before. My best run was a 10.4 but i was not trying for nines i just focusing on my launching and trying different launches. I did not have the suspension set correctly for drag. i just went to get the feel for it. I have made a few changes for this season, I WILL BE IN THE 9's

yes i have been to the track before. My best run was a 10.4 but i was not trying for nines i just focusing on my launching and trying different launches. I did not have the suspension set correctly for drag. i just went to get the feel for it. I have made a few changes for this season, I WILL BE IN THE 9's

Hmm,you should be running 9s without even having to try:whistle:

not exactly a jockey myself at 220lbs suited lol&have been in the 8s w my Gen1 while still being 100% streetable w wifey riding on back so I think you'll be fine w some seat time.You could always take one of the drag racing clinics&that would most certainly help your 1/4mi times&be one of the cheapest most effective mods

since you're just looking for 1/4 mile and not going into a specific class it leaves things very open. Gather up about 40k for your budget and your nike will go faster than you want it AND still be able to cruise th streets with your wife on the back.

Back