State Police caught me!!!

If he was such a good guy he would've left you off scott free for stopping.
Statements like this show just how ignorant you really are. How nice of you to insinuate that they cop is not a good guy, solely because he issued a ticket to, oh my god, someone who was breaking the law. (rolls eyes)

The guy was doing his job.
doing his job is a subjective term describing an instance the "officer" could had just not pursued. It was the "officer's" choice of the fine issued. If he wanted to give this easy out(as implied), he could had done it on the highway. Therefore, I would get a lawyer and not trust the guy.
Wow, you really are ignorant arent you?  Someone gets caught speeding, the cop says he doesnt know how fast the guy was goin, but he just writes him for 16 over and you say dont trust the cop??  Danno already said he was pretty sure he was in triple digits, so really the cop could have written whatever he wanted and danno would have no grounds to fight it.  If you want to get out and play, eventually its gonna catch up with you, man up, pay the ticket, and maybe try to get the points withheld, but dont question the integrity of the cop.

That would be equivalant to three possums and two deer tenderloins here in Mississippi---
beerchug.gif

"WHAT THE H3LL IS GOING ON HERE
rock.gif
?". Scrappin amongst the membership
rock.gif
?......disgusting. I can be a member of a number of "OTHER" boards and listen to this childish crap.....knock it off zuke. Chill the F#$% out.

Trucker's throwing out an offering of ideas, that's what we do here. You have others throwing Dano ideas here.....Dano's trying to make a plan of action on a ......+16 ticket
rock.gif
?...... pay the fine and fulfill your end of the bargain on the conditions given, hire a lawyer and protect yourself and see if he can do better for ya, or have a PBJ, but it's Dano's deal....by the way, good on ya Dano for pulling over and not becoming a fugitive, "BIG RESPECT" "AND" not being a public threat in an incidence of evasion (pssst...that's the important part).....
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

"Riding a busa...you're-doin'-a-crime-every-time-you-thumb-the-starter....I feel sorry for the little people".....yes we are blessed. Here endeth the lesson.

Postscript: My apologies to the Board for the "implied" wording of this post. It is not my intention to be a burden, nor detract from the quality of the atmosphere we have here on the Board. This Board ROCKS !!!!

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

If he was such a good guy he would've left you off scott free for stopping.
Statements like this show just how ignorant you really are. How nice of you to insinuate that they cop is not a good guy, solely because he issued a ticket to, oh my god, someone who was breaking the law. (rolls eyes)

The guy was doing his job.
doing his job is a subjective term describing an instance the "officer" could had just not pursued. It was the "officer's" choice of the fine issued. If he wanted to give this easy out(as implied), he could had done it on the highway. Therefore, I would get a lawyer and not trust the guy.
Wow, you really are ignorant arent you?  Someone gets caught speeding, the cop says he doesnt know how fast the guy was goin, but he just writes him for 16 over and you say dont trust the cop??  Danno already said he was pretty sure he was in triple digits, so really the cop could have written whatever he wanted and danno would have no grounds to fight it.  If you want to get out and play, eventually its gonna catch up with you, man up, pay the ticket, and maybe try to get the points withheld, but dont question the integrity of the cop.
16 over in the grand state of PA is a max speed violation. Depends but most likely would have a court date accompanying...Officer doing him a favor would've written a non Moving violation without points(ie: failure to obey traffic control devices?). If the cop said he didn't know how fast he was going then technically isn't the cop falsifying the ticket by writing ANY speed down? Basically what I am saying is that a ticket like this that would require a court date (atleast in my state) could get much much worse(at the judge's whim). Therefore putting the guy in the possible situation is not doing him a favor, its merely making the judge the bad guy later on and not the cop now.

He said something about probation??, if I didnt get another ticket for 6 months it would not be recorded.
Just went to an Arkansas court with my son for a stop sign offense- went like this:

1. Went to court, everyone is called up front to talk to the City Attorney during the first two hours, the judge doesn't even come in until everyone has done this.

2. City Attorney makes a plea offer to you, i.e. pay fine, behave 6 months, no record (was same to all first offenders, and some seconds).

3. You have chance to take the deal, or set a court date and come back for it in the future.

So save the lawyer fees, go to court and see what they offer, then go from there.
winkold.gif

As to some of the posts in this thread- keep it at least civil, and don't insult someone just because you have an opinion on a subject.

This is a free country, but this board is NOT a democracy, you are a guest in a privately owned home and you better bloody well bring your company manners if you are planning on staying any length of time. This is Cap's house, not a redneck bar full of goat ropers. Well, maybe a few but hey have good manners...
smile.gif

Ok...umm.... im still trying to get this together here.... what about 2 raccoons , some deer tenderloins, and maybe some old wife beaters from the closet?? Cmon, Im really diggin deep here.

bowdown.gif
   Welcome to the club!
I have never had a ticket while riding any kind of bike. You could learn a thing or two from me.

1: Never a speed in heavy traffic.
2: ALWAYS check you rearview and sides throughly before gassing it.
3: Never speed down wooded roads or residential areas or school zones. Cops are hiding!!!
4: Stay away from street races, theyre for fools!!! Have you ever been to one the cops didnt crash?

Are you looking for no points on your license for insurance purposes? Here is what you do....you post bond on the ticket(mail the ticket with a check to local court). Key is this....write the check for $3.00 over what your fine is. The state/local court will then mail you a refund check for the $3.00 you paid over. DO NOT, NOT,NOT cash that check. Once that check clears the state/local court's account your insurance co. is notified of your ticket(raising your prems.). when you get the refund check, just tear it up, shread it, then burn it. Insurance co. never finds out about it. That keeps you an honest law-abiding citizen, but doesnt penalize you for an oopsy.

that doesn't always work. that myth has been busted so many times by people i know, that i wouldn't bother trying it unless you are prepared to just deal with the consequences if it fails.

Are you looking for no points on your license for insurance purposes? Here is what you do....you post bond on the ticket(mail the ticket with a check to local court). Key is this....write the check for $3.00 over what your fine is. The state/local court will then mail you a refund check for the $3.00 you paid over. DO NOT, NOT,NOT cash that check. Once that check clears the state/local court's account your insurance co. is notified of your ticket(raising your prems.). when you get the refund check, just tear it up, shread it, then burn it. Insurance co. never finds out about it. That keeps you an honest law-abiding citizen, but doesnt penalize you for an oopsy.
Hmmmmm.....this member has some skills..........
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

that doesn't always work. that myth has been busted so many times by people i know, that i wouldn't bother trying it unless you are prepared to just deal with the consequences if it fails.
Yeah I'll agree on this one as a myth...I also read that if the check or funds are not submitted properly then they don't process your fine and you get a warrant for an unpaid fine.

He said something about probation??, if I didnt get another ticket for 6 months it would not be recorded.
he is trying to intimidate you!!! AS ALL POWER HUNGRY COPPERS DO!!! bottom frickin line well atleast in Florida, he had NO proof!!!! period.  If you hire a half-way descent attorney you will most likely get off!

Dear Daniel

I hope you can find a way to beat the ticket.

I'm not sure that going through a lawyer is the right way because of the expense.

On my '88 Ninja 600 I got a ticket in Ashville, North Carolina, back in '88 or '89 for going 45 mph in a 25-mph zone on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I paid it. Then, a few weeks or months later, I got a ticket just north of Eastman, Georgia, for going 71 mph in a 55-mph zone. I paid it.

Today I got my new 'Busa up to 125 mph in a 70-mph zone. No ticket. Life goes on. We win some and lose some. I hope you win this one, but if you don't, suck it up and keep on keeping on.

--Jaddie

I think this was shown to be a urban legend: http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/ticket.asp

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
You can overpay your traffic ticket if you like, but the only result will be that you'll contribute some extra money to the general revenue fund.[/quote]

Best I can advise is get a lawyer. Forget defending yourself in court just seek a good lawyer to go after this. Your main goal is to get any and all points from this ticket deep sixed and gone. Yes it will cost you since you will most likely have to pay the ticket fine along with a lawyers fee. You can pay now or pay high as hell insurance rates on all your vehical's for a long while later.

Back