Caught in the rain

Got caought in the rain a few weeks ago (folks laugh when they hear we only get 6-7 " of rain per year, they wouldn't laugh if they were here the day we got it!). Stayed perfectly dry in the serious down pour until the cages slowed down to 40 mph. The aero kept me dry until then. No problems with the monster! :cool:

Rain won't hurt your Busa...
Unless you are ham fisted with the throttle.
   :eek:      :cool:
Somebody won't get that one...  :laugh:
Well let me be the first. :super:  I can figure out what he ment but this is the first time I have heard that one.  :D
I think he's refering to poor throttle inputs dumping you on your head....
I can figure it out! :tounge:

Really every one of us should try to get out in the rain at least a couple times per year. It's important to get a feel for how your bike handles in the rain. Epecially if your skeered of the rain. Get out there and and get a feel for it, that way if you get caught out it won't be all nerves and tensionon that bike...

I avoid the rain in Tampa because of all the sand and crap that gets splattered all over the bike. But I should prolly get out there when it's wet anyway...

I dont like the rain! :mad: Probly about 50% of why I moved from Hilo was to get out of da RAIN! I have been wet and cold a number of times on the Busie no prob for the bike ... JUST ME! plus it does tend to slide around a bit & I dont like that either...

Almanor_026.jpg

Really every one of us should try to get out in the rain at least a couple times per year.  It's important to get a feel for how your bike handles in the rain.  Epecially if your skeered of the rain.  Get out there and and get a feel for it, that way if you get caught out it won't be all nerves and tensionon that bike...

I avoid the rain in Tampa because of all the sand and crap that gets splattered all over the bike.  But I should prolly get out there when it's wet anyway...
I'll put it on my schedule!    :thumbsup:

Rev is right. We practice many survival techniques. We study
how to go faster, how to lean further, how to brake harder.
We work on our evasion tactics And strive to be better, faster riders.
Sooner or later you WILL get caught in the rain.
The Busa is not like other bikes. She will bite in the wet.
Practice traction management on your terms or pay the price
when you fall behind the curve when it counts for real,
in an emergency situation.

pirate.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "'cause I can"|1067837455 -->

What's the problem with rain, hey do you all melt or what? Seriously, It's a good suggestion to ride in it occasionally just to keep your skills up.

Another interesting point, Watch some GP racing (they don't stop for rain...do they). If your watching and it starts to rain just keep an eye on the lap times. Notice that THEY DON'T SLOW DOWN all that much. Most of them will put on rain tires if they think it will rain for a while but some keep the slicks on.
Just be safe and watch your right hand when your going over painted surfaces and crossing intersections (oil from clunker cages tends to deposit fairly badly in some spots).
Chris

WOW...Lot's of good replies.

I got the "ham fisted throttle" remark. That's what caused the wiggle when I changed lanes to pass and went over the white stripe.

<span style='color:firebrick'>BulletTrain</span>- Thanks for the picture...I should have waited, but instead, I got bored due to the constant rain today, and went out to the garage. I took all the plastics off of the bike except for the upper fairing, and also removed the air filter to look inside. I now know exactly what you're talking about, and know that I don't have to worry about the rain. Except for traction of course. Hope you're feeling better.

I also notched out the hump to fit over the grab rail so I can just leave the rail installed when switching between it and the seat.

The wife came home and freaked out when she saw all the plastics off of the bike. She said..."You've only had the thing just over a week, and you're already taking it apart...What the h@#l?" She should know me by know after 16 years of marriage.

The plastics definately come off a lot easier than they go back on with all the little tabs. Pretty cool fastening system though. That's what is nice about the H-D...everything is pretty much exposed already.

<span style='color:royalblue'>HawaiiBusa</span>- Cool sticker on your windshield. :thumbsup: Is that a helmet sticker? I think I've seen it before in the bins.

Take care everyone,
Jim

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1067841862 -->

<span style='color:firebrick'>BulletTrain</span>- Thanks for the picture...I should have waited, but instead, I got bored due to the constant rain today, and went out to the garage.  I took all the plastics off of the bike except for the upper fairing, and also removed the air filter to look inside.  I now know exactly what you're talking about, and know that I don't have to worry about the rain.  Except for traction of course.  Hope you're feeling better.
Nah, seeing it in person for yourself is better. Taking the body panels off for the first time can be a little nerve racking but once you've removed them and put them back on once you're golden. It's really easy.

And yes, I feel better today... THANKS! :D

Back