Got caught in the rain yesterday. HEAVY

dnstommy

Registered
I got caught in some real heavy rain yesterday on my way home. Must have had crosswinds of 25-35 mph. I switched the mode down to C to avoid any accidental yanks on the throttle. One issue I had was the rear tire came loose a bunch of time while only going 30 mph. It was very unsettling. I have raced CCS in the rain a few times, so I know how the experience is. But coming loose at such a low speed wasn't good. I am still on the original tires with 3k on them.

Anyone else have trouble in really heavy rain?

I mean if its puddles up water. There really isn't much your tires or any tire can do. I find riding on the extreme sides of the lanes....just outside normal cages groove wear areas works. In the middle is ok (not recommended at the start of the rain) if it rained hard & the rain has washed most of the cages leak mess away.

I am thinking it might be the stocl tires. They don't have much ribbing in the center to disperse the water. Seems to leave a lot or rubber for making power :) When I change tires I will have to keep that in mind. In Florida I will get caught in the rain a bunch.

Back