Caught in the rain

nyrican

Registered
Just wanted to rant a little on being caught in a bad situation, most cage drivers are idiots,this is true but it seems they multiply when its raining out...WTF ....yeah had me about 3 or 4 good scares on my 4 miles ride form work to home this morning, guess I shoulda checked the weather b4 I rode but DAMN!

I don't know about OK, but in VA, cagers just flat out can't drive when it's raining, snowing, cloudy, etc...they slow down to a crawl and still manage to go over the dotted lines...run off the road, pull over in your lane, etc...ughhhh!

Just glad you made it to work in one piece!
smile.gif
Hope it's not raining when you leave...ride safe!!

I think cagers in OK are used to all the open space and carry over to driving! I lived there for 2 years and couldn't bring myself to ride a bike there even if the sun was shining!

Well in NC when it rains most drive 10 mph under the speed limit, but there are still a few who have yet to be introduced to my hydro-plane driving 20 over. Idiotas!

Canadians know how to drive in bad weather (well most of)
I remember racing a volvo s80 T5 (with turbo)
It was downpooring and had a crosswind. The most difficult was to say away from that stream of water in the middle.
I didn't pass the guy I just wanted to show him I could stay with him.
I had my 88' GSXR1100, doing 140mph....scary won't do it again I promise.:blush:

Bikes can be just as crazy. i was riding in New England last summer, just doing the speed limit maybe a little less. Started to just POUR. I slowed down even more when a GSXR pasted me doing at least 100mph. Don't know if he made it home or not.
sad.gif

Yeah NE, I know what you mean. I was coming home from Deals Gap last fall and got caught in Bristol in a major summer thundershower/downpoor - scary as heck. I slowed way down (as did all the cagers except for the jerkoff truckers) and kept on moving along. Then all of a sudden some dude on a Aprilia Tuono comes by doing 80-90. Man I could not even see with my visor open or down - visibility was like 10 feet and this idiot was hauling. Saw him later at the gas station after is stopped raining in Abingdon so I guess he made it. My life is worth more than that.

Well guys I fell really bad now,
that was like 6 years ago.
But it is supprizing hos a bike handles in straight line in the rain.
Be reassured that I slowed down A LOT before a curve came.
And I knew the are like the bottom of my pockets.

One night it was downpooring and I was doing about 40-50
a car passes me and switched lane right in front of me for no reason.
At one point I taught it was going to hit my front wheel,
I was soo angry.
I accelerated, went up next to the passenger side and broke his right view mirror.
I stopped at the next gas station and a buch of kids started to insult me.
But with my helmet and my all my gear for driving in the rain they went back on the road. I didn' t fell sorry for them.
These days I matured up alot, only goes fast once in a while.
Still never took the busa to full speed and that is in 3 years.!!!

Having just gotten my Hayabusa I don't know how it handles in the rain, but I actually didn't mind riding in it on my Sportster. I had to do it in order to get home from work each week. Fortunately most of these long rides in the rain were on interstates, which I found to be safer than two lanes when it's raining. You slow down, stay in the right lane, and track along that high spot between the hydroplane gulley, that's created by right side vehicle tires, and the white line at the edge of the lane. The few cars and 18 wheelers that passed me on the left were far enough away that I wouldn't even get splashed. It was also exciting at night cruising through the bad weather with merely the instument and external lighting to simulate warmth, and the chortle of the engine as my companion.

Back