Ridin' in rain ain't so bad...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I went to an open house today at the dealer where I bought Da' Train and got caught by the rain on the way home. I started to go in the cage but dammit I'm tired of leavin' the bike at home just because there's a cloudy sky... The temp was perfect for ridin' so I geared up and rolled out. Had fun at the open house. Met a dude that lives in my area that has a busa. I didn't even know he had a bike, much less a busa. It's a maroon/grey (unknown year) with polished everything and a full Yosh system. Sweet lookin' ride.

Anyway, about the rain. The sky never cleared all day. It was overcast and breezy. Not a drop of rain though until I headed home after the open house thing was over. It came a pretty good shower while I was headed home. That's the first time I've rode a street bike in rain. I rode it home on wet roads the day I bought it after a thunderstorm came through while I was doin' the paperwork. I've also ran up on wet roads while ridin' Cheaha Mountain but never rode with the wet stuff fallin'.

I've gotta say that it ain't so bad... until you get where you're goin' and you're soaked to the bone. While I was ridin' in it it didn't bother me. I discovered by accident that if the rain starts to build up on the visor of my lid all I have to do is turn my head slightly to either side and the wind will blow the rain off.
wink.gif

Anyway, Da' Train was actually rode hard and put up wet for the first time in her life.
biggrin.gif
Ahhhh, who am I kiddin'? Ya'll know damned well that I washed and dried 'er before tuckin' 'er in for the night. Here she is before I cleaned her though. She didn't complain about the rain. She just kept right on rollin'.
wink.gif

34835397.jpg

34835398.jpg

34835399.jpg

At least I don't have another regret to add to my list. I've missed many rides over the last year because I wouldn't roll out if it looked like a chance of rain. What sucks is that most of those times it ended up not rainin' and the busa sat at home for nothin'.

wink.gif

Da' Train even looks sweet as hell after ridin' through the rain.:;):

The true test is to just say FUKIDOL after a ride in the rain, and NOT wash the bike until after the next rain.
laugh.gif

It seams like the bike will only get dirty to a point and then it doesn't get any worse. Still a pain in the ass to clean up though.
biggrin.gif

Yea riding in the rain is not as bad as people think. Here we would call you a fair weather rider. I ride in the rain all the time, due to it raining just about everyday here in hawaii. It sucks getting wet but still fun all the same.

I ride mine to work even if they are calling for rain, as long as I make it to work dry, I'm happy. I can always change clothes when I get home if I get wet. I don't want to risk missing a chance to take a ride on the Busa

Glad you made it OK BT. I don't mind rain so much as if it's raining and windy. Makes for some ass-puckering experiences.
biggrin.gif

What BA says....

Riding in the rain here sucks major ass though....mostly because a bunch of our roads are the old coral-based ones. Add water to those and the become more slippery than a bottle of Vaseline chucked to a ceiling fan lubed with KY jelly.

Not that I've ever tried it, of course....
wow.gif
laugh.gif

I ride mine to work even if they are calling for rain,  as long as I make it to work dry, I'm happy.  I can always change clothes when I get home if I get wet.  I don't want to risk missing a chance to take a ride on the Busa
+1

I don't mind the rain as long as I get to work dry. I do however have an extra set just in case....

Glad you and da train made it without incident.......

Way to go BT ... building up that all weather riding experience
smile.gif
... no doubt the bike will be fine ... next time you're in Walmart pick up one of those compact rainsuits and tuck it in under da Train's hump ... they're cheap and flimsy but will keep you dry enough ... and then it gets more complicated protecting your hands with waterproof glove liners and your feet with waterproof overboots and then your tank bag with a waterproof cover ... and it goes on and on and on
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back