Helmets in the rain, anti fog spray???

DNGrumpy

Sometimes Dopey fits too
Donating Member
Registered
Full face helmets in the rain. What do any of you use to keep the sheild clear? If I crack it to keep it fog free the rain gets in and I wind up wet on the inside which really sucks. There is no wiping it without removing it. I currently have an HJC CL14 and a CL12.

I have found that if you turn your head slightly one way then the other, the wind will take most of the rain off the shield.

Don

A small drop of washing up liquid buffed up will keep it fog free.

I have found that if you turn your head slightly one way then the other, the wind will take most of the rain off the shield.

Don
I guess it would help if I tried to answer the question that was asked.
tounge.gif

ok here is a cheap thing to do go get some honda polish cleaner and keep the visor cracked a little bit it will work wonders...YES honda cleaner and polish

I personally favor the turn the head slightly side to side solution. Except the other day in the thunderstorm, riding home from work with dress pants, shoes and my riding coat, all soaking wet, raining pretty hard and steady, caught in traffic, no overpass - It did not work so well.

OK To Prevent Fogging the best I have found is the FOG City Fog Shields. They Work really well...

There's a wipe you can buy at most truck stops called "Never Fog" works well but if your helmet is on for a long time you must re-apply before taking off again. In the Fire service we can't use alot of the products out there on the market. Lens softening, breathing enviorment, ect.... I use bar soap, wet my fingers, wipe on the bar then rub it on the inside of the lens. Let it dry good and buff it off. Works good. Any soap will do about the same thing. Your just trying to break the water tension on the surface.

Ok, to clarify that I am not completely stoopid... I am talking about the inside of the sheild when it is closed. I am aware that turning my head sideways will force the water off of the screen and I have the wiper doodads on my Rocket gloves... I have a 60 mile charity ride tomorrow with about 20 miles each way to get there and back. I know from experience that I'm gonna fog the inside of the helmet and that if I open it up just a crack it will clear, but when the slightest bit of rain gets on the inside of the sheild from riding with it open, I'm phucked. There is no way to dry it without pulling over. This ride goes on rain or shine and is for a good cause (Molly Bish Ride, local 16 year old girl, kidnapped and killed 6 years ago...). I'll ride 100 miles in the rain for the cause no problem, I just don't want to get killed in the precess...

I also think RainX is making a anti-fog now, just a thought. For tomorrow try the soap thing it works pretty good. Have a great & safe ride.

i rode everday last winter and i used zooke on my RF1000 worked great no fogging even in heavy rain in heavy traffic.

If you have a time then go to auto parts to fine some for it...if you don't? just go to the gas tation bathroom and use the couple of drops hand lotion soap and apply inside of your visor, and wipe it off with the paper towel...you are good to go for all day...will this helped a little?
rock.gif

Back