Fogging shield

MX Tuner

Registered
Okay, so I'm new to this street stuff. My dirtbike helmet and goggles looked a bit corny so I'm learning about the ways of the faceshield. I originally bought an HJC which came with a fog-free shield. It worked great! Bought a new Shoei RF-1000 and put in a Fog City inner shield liner thingy. It works well for fogging but I see a lot of haze at night- enough where it is a considerable nuisance. I find myself trying to ride with my shield up.

Anyone have any ideas/hot tips for the unknowing?

Shaving cream, toothpaste or you can spend $$$ on some stuff that you apply to the inside of the shield

Hey, I'm gullible. I'll try anything that works. Any certain shaving cream or toothpaste? Which works better? What available products actually work and work well. Apparently Shoei has some anti-fog shield thing for something like $80. If it prevents one *incident*, it's worth it.

I just use the cheapo colgate foam. I take the shield off. Make sure it is nice and clean. Then I smear it all over the inside and wipe it off with a soft cloth.

Don

I have been riding with a Scorpion helmet for a while now, (had an Arai RX-7) and no matter what conditions (cold, rain fog) this thing won't fog up. It also has a quick release for the shield that lets you switch shields in under 10 seconds. All at under $200.00. Try that with a Shoei or and Arai!

I have been riding with a Scorpion helmet for a while now, (had an Arai RX-7) and no matter what conditions (cold, rain fog) this thing won't fog up. It also has a quick release for the shield that lets you switch shields in under 10 seconds. All at under $200.00. Try that with a Shoei or and Arai!
HEH Try crashing in the Scorpion!

And if you had an Arai or a Shoei, you would know that the Visor only takes about 5-6 seconds to swap out. OR you never read the instructions. Scorpions are not bad helmets and they offer a lot of features for the Money, just make sure you do not crash in one, cool? The Injection molded shells like to bounce...

Anyway back on topic, MXTUNER, did ya remove the protective plastic from the Fog City?

Not being a d!ck it's just that I've not heard of the Fog Cities causing any night time difficulties. Also did you clean the visor as instructed. It's important to follow the directions closely.

Also, no kidding do you have a beard or Goatee? I ask because my Foggin problems are almost entirely related to my beard. No foolin.

Also, you can try a little Rain-X on your NON-Tinted visors, inside and out and it Helps a bunch. (Test a spot first) But Shoei still makes probably the best visors on the market in terms of durability and Optical clarity.

"HEH Try crashing in the Scorpion"

You have my interest. Since they're Snell and DOT approved, please back up your statement.

Dishwashing liquid also works, wipe a thin layer of it on the inside of the shield.

If you're really desperate/stuck in the middle of nowhere, spit works too (old diver's trick.)

Sorry if its an old topic. No beard or goatee but I do have a moustache. But the Shoei has teh under-chin net thing and the over-the-nose breath(?) guard. My HJC fog-free shield worked great. but even with the Fog City thing (with plastic removed), I still get marginal results. The fogging issue isn't unacceptable but I see a lot of halos at night and blurry vision in general even during the day. I don't think I'm being too picky but put a lot of emphasis on being able to see when riding.

Back