New Busa...

Well......I will NEVER be able to keep up with him! That bike is a screamer!!! Besides he has about 35 years more experience than me!
blush.gif

aah....never say "NEVER", sis.

You can take him....
wow.gif
wink.gif

Seriously, though...I think it would make a very interesting match up!

umm, probably not in cornering....

speed, though.....that sounds nice! You have a definite weight advantage....

It would be fun to go to an airport or somewhere with a really great straight stretch and see how we did in the top end!!! He's an ace in the corners so I would never beat him! I have to say though that the throttle is wicked on his bike. I haven't ridden it but I have started it up and it is scary!!!! It also weighs about 150 pounds less than my Busa.

interesting....the airport idea sounds like a winner...

The Gixx will absolutely smoke the Busa in the turns, but the top speed showdown will be very interesting...

I guess we'll have to see what happens when I get more experienced!
muscle.gif

BTW - since you seem to be so into gear....I just ordered some Fieldsheer perforated riding pants. They should be here Thursday! I am very safety conscious as well and have a good Arai helmet! I had one little mishap which cost me ACL surgery last year and even though it was a slow speed mishap my gear probably saved me a little skin!!! Moving to the sport bike arena I needed some updated stuff and I'm almost there!

Now THAT'S the spirit, gal!

Umm...yeah. Regarding the gear, I was involved in a pretty good wreck last year...only gear I had was my helmet. If you want the link, lemme know an I can provide it. Graphic pics, though...so I try to make sure that people don't go through the same.

Pisser about that ACL...that fuggin blows. Kinda why I had to retire from sports...real bad injuries to my legs. Heh...doc even diagnosed me as having "tramautic arthritis". Holy crap...

I dunno about the fieldsheer stuff.....it always looked kinda thin to me. But then again, I never saw it in person. Now that I'm rebuilding the bike, I'm trying to make sure I get some kick azz gear. I have the helmet, now it's on to Icon Ti-Max gloves and perhaps Icon Recon Jeans. Then of course a darn good jacket.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117047746 -->

alrighty then....here ya go.

Ride hard, have fun, but most of all, stay safe. Now you can see why I'm such a gear nazi sometimes.

Well - just a little update! One month ago today I brought my bike home and I now have 1200 hundred miles on him!!!! I am having a blast!!!! I hit 140 mph tonight for the first time!!!
biggrin.gif

Well - just a little update! One month ago today I brought my bike home and I now have 1200 hundred miles on him!!!! I am having a blast!!!! I hit 140 mph tonight for the first time!!!
biggrin.gif
Hold on tight!
crazy.gif
You're going to want a "used bike" for the track any day now.
super.gif

Anyway, I hadn't caught your origninal post. Very beautiful bike. Congrats and welcome to the board!
thumbs-up.gif

biggrin.gif
Hold on tight!  
crazy.gif
You're going to want a "used bike" for the track any day now.
super.gif

Anyway, I hadn't caught your origninal post. Very beautiful bike. Congrats and welcome to the board!  
thumbs-up.gif
Thanks! I never dreamed I would be so hooked! Actually I do plan to have a track day or two before summer's end with the encouragement of Tufbusa! I am loving this!!!!

biggrin.gif
I've had mine just a bit longer. I have about the same mileage and maxed out at exactly the same speed
biggrin.gif
At 6'2" it never felt good going that fast with the stock windscreen. I LOVE my Puig touing screen.

biggrin.gif

Sounds like it's been an awesome time, scootergirl...
thumbs-up.gif
Just make sure to be safe, alright?
cool.gif

Back