pickin up new busa tonite

chev982

Registered
Well i go pick my new busa today(2nd in one yr) haha how many people get to do that??!! My first being the one thats burnt up. Anyways, i drove that one home in the rain too. My question is too all u wise busa drivers, Do i ride it home in the rain, or wait it out and let the curse be gone??

Depends on how bad the rain is and how comfy you are ridin in the rain...

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090955119 -->

rain doesn t bother me, im not sugar i dont melt. The last time i rode my new bike in its maiden ride in the rain, 2 months later it was burned to crisp!!

heh, gotta trailer?
biggrin.gif

It's your call Chev. I had the same thing happen to me when I bought mine. Rode 2 hours home in the pouring rain. It wasn't a sprinkle, it was a down pour. To be honest with you the rain still couldn't dampen my feelings from getting to ride the busa for the first time. So it didn't bother me.

I believe it's a right of passage to ride home in the rain...it rains on that first day for nearly everyone!

Just be careful...it goes well in the rain...

Thanks guys and chickies
I think ill drive her home tonite, rain or not. its been 3 weeks without a powerful beast under me hhaha i cant wait any longer. at least this ride will last longer than the 30 secs it usually does

I trucked the '03 home in a raging downpour....wouldn't want to ride california freeways in the rain. If it was me, I'd rather have the first ride be in nice weather, so I could focus on the bike without un-necessary distractions.

well im from Ontario Canada, pretty much an open highway. by the way its not the first time riding a busa, this my second this yr.

Which maybe i should start another post but how many Canadians are on this site??

I believe it's a right of passage to ride home in the rain...it rains on that first day for nearly everyone!

Just be careful...it goes well in the rain...
what she said.

there is a tread on the hayabusa curse.
many of us got rained on the first day!

It's like a blessing. It tells you: take it slowly on the first day.

Ride safe!

I don't like ridin' in the rain, so I would wait! Let it pass so you can enjoy the ride!

i'm from Canada With the Five months or so of decent riding weather, I can't afford to be a fair weather rider. Also your tires have tread patterns on them for a reason(it's not decoration).
biggrin.gif
enjoy your new ride!

I couldn't wait to ride mine. I was almost ready to puke from excitement! I got her Feb 20 this year and the roads were soaked. I even got caught riding around town in snow flurries the first night. Be careful on the new tires while it's wet out though.

I rode mine 206 miles home and rode through a shower a little past half-way. But if the weather forecast had been for rain, I might have waited until the following weekend. After all, I hadn't ridden a bike in 20 years and the last one was a Gold Wing Interstate!

Ed

Back