Picking up a new Busa today...

SgtHawkUSMC

Registered
What are the chances... A new black 07 Busa is waiting for me at the dealer and it's pouring. It's been beautiful all Summer, I buy a new bike and it rains. I don't know if the maiden voyage should be in the rain. Just doesn't seem right...
cursin.gif

Happened to a lot of us. Sort of a right of passage. If you get it be safe.

Congrats!

Ride it in the rain. I always do!

--Wag--

I picked mine up in the rain, like BigBusa said, seems like a requirement to rain on the day you pick up the new 'busa.

Dont worry about it, just be careful, or wait till tomorrow. Watch the right wrist on wet pavement! And congrats!

Guess I'll be sucking it up. I'm not afraid of getting wet, it just sucks that I'll have to clean it as soon as it gets home. Black is definitely the fastest color. That's why I got it of course.
Ninjakiller; I like what you did with removing the kanji on the fairing. That was my first thought. I don't know if I'm going to yet or not. It's kind of growing on me.

Removing the decals are real simple, If you remove them the best time is when it is new, the stickers should peel right off, you might have to use a little goo gone or something to remove glue, it definately looks different without decals. Congrat's on your new bike and WELCOME TO THE MADDNESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a while before I start doing any kind of messing around on the Busa. I've been on a Harley for quite a few years. I attached a pic. Granted for a Harley it's pretty sick, but there is obviously no comparison. I don't want to be like the MGySgt's Busa I saw the other day. Brandy new and already needs a fairing, exhaust etc from twisting the throttle more than he was ready for. If I don't trailer it home today, I'll definitely be taking it easy. I've ridden plenty of rockets, but admittedly nothing like the Busa. Thanks for the heads up from everyone.

That happend to me back in 03 when i bought my new F4i. Rained all the way home... all 40 mins of the trip. I bought a rain suit just before the dealer closed... made it home alright but it was slick with the new tires in all that rain! Wouldnt do it again, ever. I'd just leave it at the dealer until the weather cleared.

wow must really be something to the right of passage. I picked mine up and rode home 300 miles in the rain..

Welcome aboard NEWBIE. Be safe and enjoy, very torqie bike for rain. I ride in the rain, just don't want you busting your arse.

DSC00005__Small_.JPG

I see a MA plate on that hd..... what part you from?
I just picked up an 07 black about a month ago. 2 of them cruising the streets would be pretty intimidating to anyone who wishes they had a real bike.
laugh.gif

Back