State Police caught me!!!

Um, first off, if you do the crime, do the time. The right thing to do is to pay the ticket, take the points, and deal with the insurance. Let it be a lesson to you.

Ok, now that my "righteous" side is out of the way, let me give you a tip (This will only work if you have a clean record, in most cases).

1. Find out who the prosecutor/city/county/state's attorney is who handles traffic violations.
2. Go visit the prosecutor in his/her office well before court date.
3. Explain to the prosecutor that:
a. You admit you were going fast.
b. You are sorry you did it and won't let it happen again.
c. Offer an explanation that you had just installed a new part, and picked an area out in the country to run up the speed a bit to see how it was working, solely because you didn't want to endanger anyone else.
d. Apologize again.
e. Ask if there's any way to drop this on the condition that you don't have any same/similar incidents in however long they like.
f. Bribe with sexual favors if you are pimp enough.

You might, just might, have a cool person take the ticket and say "get out of here", or make you sign an agreement, and let you off.

If they are not cooperative, then you are probably gonna get your azz handed to you.

Good luck, and quit doing triple digit speeds on public roads. It isn't a track out there, you know. ;)
I hope this is a joke. If not, someone seriously needs to smack you.

He was speeding. No one was killed and he caused no more endangerment to society than the 3000 lb squad car did to pursue him.

However, given your advice he would be basically offering his entire livelihood and freedom to the whim of a revenue greedy system to decide upon a whim to give mercy to.

Sorry, I don't trust most strangers to give me proper change, but you think he should trust one with his future, and his family's future? WOW!!!!

You received a gift on this one, wether you can turn a lemon into lemonade depends on how you handle it. Seek legal advice, you never know when the next ticket is comming, like in your cage, a week later.

Um, first off, if you do the crime, do the time. The right thing to do is to pay the ticket, take the points, and deal with the insurance. Let it be a lesson to you.

Ok, now that my "righteous" side is out of the way, let me give you a tip (This will only work if you have a clean record, in most cases).

1. Find out who the prosecutor/city/county/state's attorney is who handles traffic violations.
c. Offer an explanation that you had just installed a new part, and picked an area out in the country to run up the speed a bit to see how it was working, solely because you didn't want to endanger anyone else.
d. Apologize again.
e. Ask if there's any way to drop this on the condition that you don't have any same/similar incidents in however long they like.

You might, just might, have a cool person take the ticket and say "get out of here", or make you sign an agreement, and let you off.

If they are not cooperative, then you are probably gonna get your azz handed to you.

Good luck, and quit doing triple digit speeds on public roads. It isn't a track out there, you know. ;)

He was speeding. No one was killed and he caused no more endangerment to society than the 3000 lb squad car did to pursue him.

However, given your advice he would be basically offering his entire livelihood and freedom to the whim of a revenue greedy system to decide upon a whim to give mercy to.

Sorry, I don't trust most strangers to give me proper change, but you think he should trust one with his future, and his family's future? WOW!!!!
rock.gif
the states attorney or county prosecutor in my county won`t even talk to you before your court date..believe me i tried!!!

d. Apologize again.

I'd like to see someone try.
laugh.gif

You know what, clown, I 'll keep the advice to myself from now on. I know what HAS worked for me, as well as a few other people.

Instead of talking sh*t to me about my advice, how about you give some of your own. Or maybe just STFU next time you feel like projecting your sandy vag issues on me.
middlefinger.gif

Get a lawyer. Better to pay more now, than to deal with a ticket on your record and everything that goes with it. Cops lie, county prosecutors lie.

I dealt with a VA state cop in 2002 about a speeding ticket. He told me things i could do to reduce the ticket and that he realized i wasn't out trying to set any speed records, so that he'd help me out. I later found out EVERYTHING he told me was complete BS. Complete total BS.

DO NOT TRUST YOUR STATE JUDICIAL SYSTEM. Fight the system and get a good lawyer.

Always. ALWAYS fight in your defense.

Get a lawyer.  Better to pay more now, than to deal with a ticket on your record and everything that goes with it.  Cops lie, county prosecutors lie.

I dealt with a VA state cop in 2002 about a speeding ticket. He told me things i could do to reduce the ticket and that he realized i wasn't out trying to set any speed records, so that he'd help me out.  I later found out EVERYTHING he told me was complete BS. Complete total BS.  

DO NOT TRUST YOUR STATE JUDICIAL SYSTEM.  Fight the system and get a good lawyer.

Always.   ALWAYS fight in your defense.
+1...NEVER put yourself at someone else's mercy, get some legal advice
thumb_up.gif

Wow. I can't believe how little faith in the system I am seeing here. I have never been "screwed" by the man. Maybe all you people need to move or something.

d. Apologize again.

I'd like to see someone try.
laugh.gif

You know what, clown, I 'll keep the advice to myself from now on. I know what HAS worked for me, as well as a few other people.

Instead of talking sh*t to me about my advice, how about you give some of your own. Or maybe just STFU next time you feel like projecting your sandy vag issues on me.
middlefinger.gif
Please keep stupidtiy like this to yourself.

Trucker huh? As a CDL holder myself I would say you are aliar if you say you haven't accrued enough MV's to lose your license 10 fold. Luckily, you just didn't get caught. When you do I hope you follow your own advice since CDL restrictions are so forgiving nowdays
laugh.gif

My advice, the cop cut you a break. Unless he called for backup and his procedure mandates he give you a ticket, I would definitely get a lawyer. If he was such a good guy he would've left you off scott free for stopping. Regardless of whatever agreements you entered with a cop, the judge can still override them. I have a friend who had a similar situation with a speeding ticket, he's currently serving 90 days.

laugh.gif

If he was such a good guy he would've left you off scott free for stopping.
Statements like this show just how ignorant you really are. How nice of you to insinuate that they cop is not a good guy, solely because he issued a ticket to, oh my god, someone who was breaking the law. (rolls eyes)

The guy was doing his job.

Anyway, so I am hauling a@@ through the backroads of Arkansas today when I look in the rear view to see a white dodge charger riding my ***. Never saw him before, he just popped out of the woods i guess. Pretty sure I was in the 3 digits and he said he has no idea how fast I was going, but he wrote down 71 in a 55mph zone.. Any idea how much this one will cost me ??
where in arkansas were you?, if you dont mind me asking

Wow. I can't believe how little faith in the system I am seeing here. I have never been "screwed" by the man. Maybe all you people need to move or something.
Mike: I actually have been burned by the man. Resultantly, I have no faith in the system. In sum, I took a case to court, the cop lied, bold faced, and I was slapped with a huge fine and traffic school.

Ever since then, I've had only one ticket, but every time I see a squad car, I 'pucker up'...knowing that even if I'm not drawing attention to myself, all he has to do is lie. The judge will (almost 100%) side with the LEO.

I respect everyone's right to voice their perspective so don't misunderstand this post. I'm saying...there have been instances in numerous members' pasts which afford us no trust in our law enforcement system.

My own advice is to get a lawyer. I recommend (in California), Mr. Ticket. $99 will get you off the hook (most instances/violations). If it doesn't, then suck it up, pay the fine, understand why your insurance went up, and don't b*tch about having to go to traffic school (which is it's own real brand of 'hell'.

whistling.gif

If he was such a good guy he would've left you off scott free for stopping.
Statements like this show just how ignorant you really are. How nice of you to insinuate that they cop is not a good guy, solely because he issued a ticket to, oh my god, someone who was breaking the law. (rolls eyes)

The guy was doing his job.
doing his job is a subjective term describing an instance the "officer" could had just not pursued. It was the "officer's" choice of the fine issued. If he wanted to give this easy out(as implied), he could had done it on the highway. Therefore, I would get a lawyer and not trust the guy.

Back