stage 1.5 rcc?

i'd like to use it with the agp 50 trim in my post above. port shrouded compressor housing, lessens the tendency to surge, and a .48 hotside spools really fast, even the journal bearing model.

i think super ultra kit is just a bigger turbo, i think.

regular ultra kit comes with the aweseome plenum too i do believe.

yes it comes with a twin scroll manifold and GT4088....vs. the normal ultra kit which uses a GT35R...Now I'm going to sue you Greg for using my picture!!!

and then my thread died... i just want to know what the install is like on the air/water setup. if you have some super secret setup, i don't need to see it man. and the "ultimate" intake manifold, what makes it ultimate? (i asked rcc, but haven't gotten a response yet). can i run 18 psi with it on pump gas, on a single set of injectors? i'm not crazy about the whole "dual fuel system" thing.

the install is quite simple and was my first turbo install....have no worries about the "dual" fueling....Going to a single set is not needed. The "ultimate" intake as you call it is just that ULTIMATE....it is A/W intercooled and extremely effcient and Yes you can run 18lb on 93 octane without hesitation...hell there are people that run 20lb on their setups. Guys are running 250+mph with this setup and I personaly made over 600HP. This is why its called "the ultra kit"....I even use mine as a 100% street bike

don't think i'd go with that kit, but the intake mani might be a good upgrade. damn, a 4088R is a big ass turbo.

don't think i'd go with that kit, but the intake mani might be a good upgrade. damn, a 4088R is a big ass turbo.

yes the Ultra plenum along with the electric water pump, and heat exchanger is a great addition to any turbo kit

is the ultra plenum set up with dual injectors already, or am i using a single set of injectors?

is the ultra plenum set up with dual injectors already, or am i using a single set of injectors?

The Ultra Plenum has four additional injectors: you run the stock primary injectors, and the big piggyback injectors in the Ultra Plenum supply enough additional fuel to run 40 pounds of boost and 600+ RWHP!:laugh:

what if i don't want some huge additional injectors? what if i want some say, 400cc injectors to replace the stockers?

You can also purchase the Ultra Plenum with NO additional injectors, and run whatever you want (or need) in the primaries . . .:beerchug:

The price of the plenum would obviously change, since without the additional injectors, you are also eliminating the four-bar Microtech controller . . . the nice thing about RCC is that Richard will do almost any custom setup you need!

Last edited:
what if i don't want some huge additional injectors? what if i want some say, 400cc injectors to replace the stockers?

Like Frank said you can run larger single Primary injectors. Whats your fear or dislike of running the larger 1000cc injectors along with the stock ones?

i don't want dual fuel systems. i want to run the bike on a reflash. i don't like piggyback fuel/ignition controllers. i know the microtech is a standalone, but i prefer factory machinery if it can do what i want it to do. i want to use ecuedit and a 3 bar map sensor to run some 400-500cc injectors in the stock locations.

Bump, sorry folks, I seriously have no idea how I locked this thread.

i don't want dual fuel systems. i want to run the bike on a reflash. i don't like piggyback fuel/ignition controllers. i know the microtech is a standalone, but i prefer factory machinery if it can do what i want it to do. i want to use ecuedit and a 3 bar map sensor to run some 400-500cc injectors in the stock locations.

The Microtech is NOT a standalone, it is a secondary fuel controller. Your bike would still run on all the factory electrics - the secondaries in the Ultra plenum would fire based on rpm and boost inputs supplied by your factory harness and a map sensor built into the Microtech box itself . . . thats the beauty of the setup. You can run STOCK injectors on the bottom, and get all the driveability and throttle response that stock injectors provide, and still have enough fuel delivered through the secondary injectors -while on boost- to fuel more horsepower than you could ever put to the ground.:lol:

The Microtech is NOT a standalone, it is a secondary fuel controller. Your bike would still run on all the factory electrics - the secondaries in the Ultra plenum would fire based on rpm and boost inputs supplied by your factory harness and a map sensor built into the Microtech box itself . . . thats the beauty of the setup. You can run STOCK injectors on the bottom, and get all the driveability and throttle response that stock injectors provide, and still have enough fuel delivered through the secondary injectors -while on boost- to fuel more horsepower than you could ever put to the ground.:lol:

understood, however, the more components are in a system, the higher the likelyhood that something will fail. it controls the secondary injectors by itself, and the bike controls its own injectors. i don't want the extra hardware. i can reach my goals using the factory computer. maybe other people want almost 5000cc's worth of fuel, but for 360 hp max, it's way overkill. seriously, that's enough fuel for well over 700 hp. as far as drivability and throttle response, if you tune the factory computer to use the bigger injectors, your throttle response and drivability should be fine.

understood, however, the more components are in a system, the higher the likelyhood that something will fail. it controls the secondary injectors by itself, and the bike controls its own injectors. i don't want the extra hardware. i can reach my goals using the factory computer. maybe other people want almost 5000cc's worth of fuel, but for 360 hp max, it's way overkill. seriously, that's enough fuel for well over 700 hp. as far as drivability and throttle response, if you tune the factory computer to use the bigger injectors, your throttle response and drivability should be fine.

I absolutely agree, and have done it many times before . . . the last time was with 65 pound injectors in the stock positions - ECU editor came in very handy, and the bike had great throttle response and enough fuel to go over 400 HP.
:thumbsup:

Ogre how do u plan to map fueling based on boost pressure? What u want to do with ecu, on gen 1 anyway would be possible if u want 360 hp at all times, or 2 boost levels using map switching. But without a way to map based on boost pressure u are selling your tune short imo. Gen 2 would be a different story
Posted via Mobile Device

i thought the ecueditor had been modified to use a 3 bar gm map sensor. or did i miss something?

Boost reference fueling using the ECU editor is only possible right now on Gen 2s . . .
One way on a Gen 1 is to use ECU editor to take a percentage out of the fuel map to compensate for the larger injectors . . . then, if you use a PCIIIUSB powercommander (OMG!), you can add the Dynojet Hub and a GM Map, and use the boost reference feature built into the Hub itself . . . map the bike on a dyno across the board for the base WG spring pressure, and use the boost reference function to fuel every boost level above that . . .:poke:

Last edited:
Back