SPORTECH CHROME WINDSCREEN

giopapy

Registered
That's what I did today, to spend some time with my busa.
It was raining outside so I decided to apply my new screen
bought on e-bay just delivered from FLORIDA.

MyBusascreen9.JPG

THIS IS MY OLD FABBRI.
Fabbri is great for confort and style, the only reason that pushed me to take it away is just changing the look of the bike or better just to try something different.
I'll see if I'll keep the Sportech or FABBRI!!!
CIAO

FABBRI1.jpg

Nice
thumbs-up.gif
I like both but the fabbri is more "me". Hey Gio, are you related to Valentino Rossi? just kidding
laugh.gif

Valentino Rossi's town is a few miles away from my town.
Every year we go to TAVULLIA for a moto reunion with VALENTINO as guest.
It's a lot of fun.
The next time I'll go I'll take picture with him and I'll post it here.

Get ready for a beatin' pappy. I had a Sportech black chrome screen on my busa before the Double Bubble. The wind beat the hell out of my chest and made my head bobble around at high speeds (above around 80mph). So much so that my neck got sore when I rode fast. My rf-900 lid also had a terrible, deafening whistle. I even bought ear plugs for riding.

With the DB it's smooth sailin' all the way to XXX mph. Hehehehehe...
wink.gif

I still have the Sportech screen. Need to sell it. I'll never put it back on...

Looks Awesome, I have the same one installed on my busa.
I don't no why Suzuki didn't keep using that color for the busa looks great.

I tested the Sportech today, at almost every speed!!!
I'm onest when I say that I had no problem with it.
I have a Shoei rf-900 to but no deafening whistle at all.
No wind beating the hell out of my chest.
I'm 190 cm tall ( 6.2 ft if I'm right).
I think that there's less wind pressure on the shoulders than Fabbri and it seems easy to resist at high speed.
I was positively surprised.
I was scared of what Bullet says, but now I'm very happy.

GioPapyBusa5.JPG

Are those things transparent or are they covered over? I know there have been instances where I got down behind my screen and looked through it when travelling at warp speed. My neck hurt, but it is possible :p I know they make a blue chrome as well and I've seen somebody one here with that too. How dark are they?

Glad you're happy with it pappy. Mine just didn't work for me. Wouldn't put it back on for anything. Again though, I'm glad you're happy with it. I was afraid you wouldn't be. Glad I was wrong.
super.gif

Hey Plunk,

My Sportech black chrome screen is completely opaque. Can't see through it at all. I'd guess that the regular and blue chrome screens are the same. The back of the screen looks kind of like the backside of a mirror if you've ever seen that. Sort of a dull grey coating.

Yeah Yeah Gio, you know I am still suffering from pipe envy right?

Screen looks good on the 99 like that, very nice...

I would have stuck with the FABBRI, I don't like the SPORTECH ones.

My buddy has one on his GSXR-600 and you can't even see through it. Sucks for the track, NIGHT, Day, or just whenever you need to tuck behind the shield.

blues.gif

Back