New 2004 Busa

IL_BusaBoy

Donating Member
Registered
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2004 Blue/Silver Busa. Wondering, which windscreen would you all recommend, as well as where to buy? I am leaning towards the chrome sportech, as I don't think any other color will look good on a silver bike. Also, any other mods that look really nice, especially a nice "ass?"

Welcome man... hey, this site rocks.  You'll find tons of stuff on here to help you out with mods and stuff.. enjoy!

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079538756 -->

Banner1.jpg

WELCOME!
biggrin.gif

I don't recommend any of the CHROME screens at all! Other than looks, they are USE LESS because you can't see through them day or night!

If you don't like the stocker, I would look at the Zero Gravity or Double Bubble style if you want a little more protection.

Oh and POST PICS of your bike!

Josh
blues.gif

I love my Zero Gravity Double Bubble screen, especially at HIGH speeds. Got mine from 1888fastlap.com Website is Gone.

As for asses, here's a link to a few pics of mine.
wink.gif

My ass <~Hehehehe... How many of you are scared to open this link?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

Enjoy! Oh, and congrats on the '04!
super.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079539606 -->

Hey IL welcome to the board.
super.gif
I don't recommend getting the chrome windscreen you can't see through them. I like the Doulble bubble's they are awesome..... Don't forget you have to post pics... Site's un written rule.
ices_rofl.gif

Welcome!!! I run a LP smoked stock profile screen and a topgun undertail...both quality products.....Guys here will recommend Silvio from alliedbarter.com for the tail...he did good by me on the last one.
Good luck...
TBone

I'm having a tough time deciding on a windscreen. I'm 6'4", so I won't be looking through the windshield much at all. As far as looks are concerned, would you guys go with a zg db smoke, or a sportech chrome?

I'm having a tough time deciding on a windscreen.  I'm 6'4", so I won't be looking through the windshield much at all.  As far as looks are concerned, would you guys go with a zg db smoke, or a sportech chrome?
I had a Sportech black chrome screen before I got the ZG DB. After riding with the ZG on I sold the Sportech. I don't tuck low enough to look through the screen either, but the difference in wind turbulence was huge. With the Sportech, the wind beat the hell outta me at anything above 90-100. With the ZG DB I'm good to my personal top speed... 165. Still a comfortable ride even at that speed. Fastest I got with the Sportech was 140. Felt like the wind was gonna rip my head off.

So, even if you don't plan to tuck low enough to see through the screen I still say the ZG DB is a MUCH better choice if you plan to ride fast comfortably. I sold the Sportech because I knew it would NEVER go back on my bike.
wink.gif

Meant to say that I like the looks of the ZG DB better, too. The "hump" of the DB really matches the lines of the bike well. It almost looks like it was made to match the contour of the busa hump. Here's a pic to show what I'm talkin' about.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079548225 -->

IMG_0290.jpg

I'm having a tough time deciding on a windscreen.  I'm 6'4", so I won't be looking through the windshield much at all.  As far as looks are concerned, would you guys go with a zg db smoke, or a sportech chrome?
Tall people swear by the Double Bubbles. They will make a real difference for you, as they direct the wind up and over your head instead of directly into your face. Additionally, I think they look cool.

Now several companies make Double Bubbles, but most people have gone with the Zero Gravity. Another popular onee is the Power Bronze. I have a Pyramid which I love. Smoke windscreens look great on Blue/Silver. there are also some blue tinted screens, but I don't know much about those.

We you have some time to read, do a search and you should find lots of discussions on screens.

G

Low_Nose.jpg

Hey, BulletTrain... is that DB the smoke? Seems pretty light
is why I ask~ I just ordered one myself~ It fact just got the
call this afternoon that it is in~ I ordered the smoke, but not
the dark smoke because I was hearing they are hard to see
through in the tuck position~ I'm thinkin I may have liked the
dark better now...

Back