Sportech Chrome

Received my Black-Chrome windscreen the other day. Shoeio is right about the fit, the two mounting holes on the side do not line up as well as the stock windscreen. I drilled the holes out to allow the bolts to line up. The screen does sit a little higher than the stock setup.

I do like the look of the screen, gives the bike a nice custom look. Took some before and after shots, will post later.
unclesam.gif

Real Nice but I will be sticking with my DB so much nicer than the stock screen.. The other draw back is you can not see through it. All Show. But hey that's cool if it works for you ..

Puck did the rubber stripping come with that or is that something you added to it...

Also i may do a poll to find out how many people actually look through their windscreen. For the most part 90% of the time i am looking over mine unless i'm in a full tuck and even then i find myself looking over it..

Hmmmmm .... Perhaps after i lose this 20lbs i want to lost when i tuck i'll be low enough on the tank to look through it
40__s.gif

Pertaining to stock or double bubble type screens, I can't imagine anyone actually needing to get low enough to have to look through their screen. It seems to me that the pro road bike racers look above the screen, even drag bike racers. The only practical purpose for having a clear or smoked screen is to let enough light in so that you can see the gauges during the day. Just my .02.
rock.gif

The stripping around the edge is a hard molded rubber that comes attached. I have not gone for a ride since installing the windscreen, too cold this week (20/30 degree's for the highs). I don't think its going to be a big deal not being able to see through the windscreen, I never get into a full tuck where I need to look through the windscreen.

It is for show and I like it...
unclesam.gif

Does it move the wind any better than the stock one? Looks just like the stock one from the pic.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

I took the wind screen for a spin today and it actually did quite well. It does sit just a little higher than the stock screen which means I no longer have to drop my head a little to see all the gauges. I think the wind protection got a little better as well. I have all ready recieved several compliments on the way it looks . I am still waiting on my pics to get back so I cant post any just yet. I really dont think not being able to see through it is a really big deal, I am also thinking a black chrome Kanji woule really look good on the front of the screen as well.

Looks good. how about a picture of the bike a little further away so we can see an over all view.

I do get low enough to look through the screen at the track. Everyday use I use my camera mount that sits on the tank and looks through the shield. So for obvious reasons it wouldn't work for me.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

Received the following e-mail from Sportech

I want to thank you for your feedback regarding our Hayabusa windscreen. We are aware of fitment issues with this particular application.  We've discovered that the first run of Hayabusa windscreens were not formed completely.  We are currently running a replacement "batch" and will gladly replace the unit you have.

Our concern first and foremost is providing consumers with a product they are pleased with and are proud to put on their bikes.  I apologize for  any inconvenience.  If you could provide your address, I will send you a replacement windscreen immediately.

Greg Anderson
Creative Director
Sportech, Inc.

This sounds like a really good company to do business with. Most companies I've dealt with would not even respond to my e-mail, let alone offer to replace there product.

Shoeio - You should contact Sportech if your having problems with the fit of your windscreen.

All ready done Puck and thanks for the info,I finally got the pictures back so I am going to try to post the Blue screen now before and after

Busa_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back