Pics of a couple of mods

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
I have some of those black, delrin mirror extenders.  Well, since I frequently ride to/from work and my bike sits outside baking in the sun, the spacers started to fade.

left1.jpg

right1.jpg

It's been raining in KC since Tuesday, haven't been able to ride, so I picked up a can of FUSION satin black spray paint - the stuff that's made specifically for plastic.

I cleaned the spacers really well and applied 3 coats of paint.  MUCH better - the color is about the same as the mirrors!

left2.jpg

right2.jpg

Next on my list was my Sportech Vflow Chrome windscreen.  The chrome/shiny stuff is applied on the inside of the screen and is shiny on BOTH sides.  These windscreens are notorious for melting Hayabusa gauge clusters!  I've thoroughly melted one cluster and the second has begun - so it's time to do something.  

I like the screen - and since I was already painting...

I taped off the outside of the screen to protect from overspray and applied two coats of the FUSION to the inside.  I don't care if I see thru the screen or not - I'm just tired of melting my gauges!  Came out well - I'm riding to work tomorrow - I'll see how it goes.  Should stop the melting since it's not a mirrored surface anymore - the sunlight can't reflect onto the gauges.

Here's the painted screen:

screen1.jpg

And here it is installed:

screen2.jpg

Looks good - my sportech has a mesh inside the screen to diffuse the heat... hope that solves your gauge problem...

(MC MUSTANG @ Jul. 01 2007,23:52) Looks good - my sportech has a mesh inside the screen to diffuse the heat... hope that solves your gauge problem...
Mine does/did, too. Still melted two clusters!
pissed.gif

That looks good !

can you take a picture of the whole bike, I love that blue, and white !!

I want to paint my stock wind screen, I can't get low enough to look through it any way !

But I'm DANGEROUS with a can of spray paint !!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I start painting, I can't stop !!!!!

I'll be on here next with a thread,      

HOW CAN I REMOVE BLACK SPRAY PAINT FROM MY 06 LE PLASTICS ?
                                 LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sshhh...dont tell anybody..."black magic" vinyl and rubber protectant on the mirror stalk sleeves...

Nice projects while you wait for the rains to pass
smile.gif

I don't know if I could ride with the blacked-out wind screen...
wink.gif

I've been pondering the mirror spacers myself.. how do you like them?

nice cheap and effective mods..
bowdown.gif

screen2.jpg

Well, you are screwed for at-night-over-eighty-mph riding.

I can't think if any reason why someone would paint their windscreen taking away their visual advantages.
poke.gif

(Cookie @ Jul. 02 2007,13:flamethrowing:) Well, you are screwed for at-night-over-eighty-mph riding.

I can't think if any reason why someone would paint their windscreen taking away their visual advantages.
poke.gif
Why?
rock.gif

I was out riding last night. No problems. From Sportech, the screen has a mesh over the inside - this is *supposed* to keep the cluster from melting. Anyway - one can't really see thru it anyway - let alone at night. So, why not save my gauges and paint it.

Here are some pics I snapped just before heading to work:

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

(omslaw @ Jul. 02 2007,11:57)
(Cookie @ Jul. 02 2007,13
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Well, you are screwed for at-night-over-eighty-mph riding.

poke.gif
Why?
rock.gif

I was out riding last night. No problems. From Sportech, the screen has a mesh over the inside - this is *supposed* to keep the cluster from melting. Anyway - one can't really see thru it anyway - let alone at night. So, why not save my gauges and paint it.
I guess so. Not for me, but I am glad you are happy with it.
beerchug.gif
I need all I can get.

That looks great, Omar!
beerchug.gif

At least your keepin 'er company during the bad weather...
super.gif

03-04' 1K mirrors. Get's rid of the fading black boot.

Back