Sportech Chrome

Puck

Registered
Fashion statement time...

Sportech started out as a company making aftermarket parts for the snowmobile market.  They have expanded into the motorcycle market and have come out with a kick a$$ windscreen.

The windscreen is manufactured using a "vacuum metalizing process which gives the windshield a brilliant mirrored finish that won't scratch or peel off."

These have got to be the coolest windscreens I've ever seen.  I’m going to order the black-chrome windscreen tomorrow.  I will let you know more about the quality and finish of the product after I install it.
eyes.gif

Let us know how you like it. I would like to know how well the blue one would match the Busa blue.

I WAS THINKING OF GETTING A SILVER ONE FOR MINE, BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE TOO MUCH SO I'M NOT GOING TO BOTHER. LOOKS GOOD THOUGH.
cool.gif

I've been looking at the Double Bubble, LP and Pyramid windscreens, but have not found one I like.  I called the people at Sportech (763) 712-3965 they told be that the bike windscreens just came out a few weeks ago, but they have been making windscreens for snowmobiles for years.

I asked if you could see through the windscreen and they said no. This is a draw back to the screen, but even when I'm in a full tuck I'm looking over the top of the windscreen.

I called and ordered the black-chrome windscreen part# 45501016 and was told that it will be on back order for a couple of weeks.

I will post before and after pictures...
unclesam.gif

They look great, but they're kind of low-profile like the stock wind screens.  I'll stick with my PB Double Bubble.  
cool.gif

They look great, but they're kind of low-profile like the stock wind screens.  I'll stick with my ZG Double Bubble.  
cool.gif
The PowerBronze is nice also. I have both the ZG Dub Bub and the PowerBronze (thanx to Bob). I'll change them out as the mood changes. Hey Postal, I thought you got the PowerBronze also???

Brian

They look great, but they're kind of low-profile like the stock wind screens.  I'll stick with my ZG Double Bubble.  
cool.gif
The PowerBronze is nice also.  I have both the ZG Dub Bub and the PowerBronze (thanx to Bob).  I'll change them out as the mood changes.  Hey Postal, I thought you got the PowerBronze also???

Brian
I did... I screwed up on my post, but fixed it.
crazy.gif

Hey if anybody is thinking about getting one of these I just found them on E Bay starting at $65 &$10 shipping.
E Bay

I ordered the black-chrome from my local dealer, $75 + tax. Any dealer who orders from Parts Unlimited should be able to get the windscreen.

I checked out your Ebay link, they only have chrome and blue-chrome. I have my heart set on the black-chrome.
unclesam.gif

Again I ask...  Can you see through them?

Marc "Howlin Mad"
Marc I don't believe you can...Apparently the process is not one of changing the color of plastics but that of metal...Remember for normal triple plated chrome it is a three step process brass nickel then chrome...Process should be similar...So no you will not be able to see thru it...
wink.gif

Thanks!! I won't be pur chasing one then. Not functional.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

tounge.gif
Hey puck I ordered the Blue chrome today. 74.00 out the door . They told me it would be here Friday , however I am expecting it to be a longer than that. hey man thanks for the tip

Hey Shoeio you will have to post pictures of it once you get in installed.

The first one to get one of these windscreens installed, post pictures. Before and After...

You got it Puck, Hey I just noticed your quote ... Patton is one of my all time favorite generals and movies

I got my new screen installed today . It wasn't that easy of an installation. It doesnt really fit very well. Anyway it really looks good. It sits up a little higher than a stock screen. And no its black on the inside so you can not see through it. I will post the pics on Monday my camera went dead so I had to do it the old fashioned way.I am not real happy on the fit , however I will give it a few days and see what kind of reactions I get.

Back