SpeedoHealer is great

Tetge

Registered
I went out tonight and a friend used a police calibrated radar gun to see how accurate the SpeedoHealer was on the Busa. I have 16/42 gears so we adjusted for them. The final setting on the SpeedoHealer to be accurate at 60 mph turned out to be minus 16% exactly. At this setting it was dead nuts on and only 1 mph off at 100. The top speed recall feature of the SpeedoHealer was useful in this process. We made a lot of runs and he got me going away and coming so we had lots of speeds to compare. He would show the locked in speed on the radar and we would recall the max speed on the SpeedoHealer. When they started to agree we finally called it quits. The 16/42 gears spin the speedo 11.56% more than stock but we had to use 16% to get the speedo correct.
Now I have to see if I can figure out what the correction would be if I went back to stock gears or changed to another combo. I want to say -4.44% for stock since that is the extra correction we added beyond the 11.56% from the gears to get things right on the money. But, everyone has been saying that the Busa speedometers are at least 7% off. Also, mine is definitely linear to 120, which is as fast as I cared to test it where I was doing the testing. My bike only has 700 easy miles on it so the rear tire is mostly news still. A worn rear tire or a different rear tire could make a difference in the speedometer.
My friend also adjusted my headlights so that they work now. I was trying to do it but my hand did not wish to fit past the steering dampner. But, I have some difficulties with my hands, so he offered to help out. Great to be able to see where the bike is going at night now.
And, while we were working on the headlights I left the bike idling and found out that after awhile, the temp guage can go right up to the top and fluids can start to gurgle. So, lesson learned not to let the Busa sit and idle for a long time unless it has a major fan blowing on it.
I had to make a number of speed runs to test the speedometer even though I never speed. But, science required it, and, the 16/42 combo felt real good. I think that I am going to like the gears.

congrats keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

I went out tonight and a friend used a police calibrated radar gun to see how accurate the SpeedoHealer was on the Busa.  I have 16/42 gears so we adjusted for them.  The final setting on the SpeedoHealer to be accurate at 60 mph turned out to be minus 16% exactly.  At this setting it was dead nuts on and only 1 mph off at 100.  The top speed recall feature of the SpeedoHealer was useful in this process.  We made a lot of runs and he got me going away and coming so we had lots of speeds to compare. He would show the locked in speed on the radar and we would recall the max speed on the SpeedoHealer.  When they started to agree we finally called it quits. The 16/42 gears spin the speedo 11.56% more than stock but we had to use 16% to get the speedo correct.  
Now I have to see if I can figure out what the correction would be if I went  back to stock gears or changed to another combo.  I want to say -4.44% for stock since that is the extra correction we added beyond the 11.56% from the gears to get things right on the money.  But, everyone has been saying that the Busa speedometers are at least 7% off.  Also, mine is definitely linear to 120, which is as fast as I cared to test it where I was doing the testing.  My bike only has 700 easy miles on it so the rear tire is mostly news still. A worn rear tire or a different rear tire could make a difference in the speedometer.
My friend also adjusted my headlights so that they work now.  I was trying to do it but my hand did not wish to fit past the steering dampner.  But, I have some difficulties with my hands, so he offered to help out. Great to be able to see where the bike is going at night now.
And, while we were working on the headlights I left the bike idling and found out that after awhile, the temp guage can go right up to the top and fluids can start to gurgle.  So, lesson learned not to let the Busa sit and idle for a long time unless it has a major fan blowing on it.  
I had to make a number of speed runs to test the speedometer even though I never speed.  But, science required it, and, the 16/42 combo felt real good.  I think that I am going to like the gears.
Getting mine on Friday. I'm glad to hear it works well. It looks like an easy install.......Any problems?

also thanks for the info, i got my speedo healer last week and also with the same sprocket set-up so u saved me some time in figuring out the % i need.
will also do it at 16% and see.
If i ever get a day off that is
Michael

The SpeedoHealer is easy to install except of course you have to take off the plastic on the left side of the bike and I lifted the tank to better route the wires. I did not get the remote reset for the max speed feature. However, the wire just reached the back compartment so all I have to do is take the back seat off to get to the unit. I used industrial strength Velcro to secure the unit. It worked really well last night since I did a lot of runs against the radar before I settled on a calibration. I also learned a few things about police radar. One thing is that it could not get a speed going away until I quit accelerating since the radar could not keep up with the Busa's acceleration and the rear of a bike does not make a very big target. Coming toward the radar, the radar hits the headlight and gets a very strong signal.

SOHealer.jpg

Put the stock gears back on today after pulling wheelies all night at the drag strip last night.  Went back out using police radar and set the SpeedoHealer for the stock gears and the correction was -6.8%.  Dead nuts at 60 and actual 99 at 100 indicated.  Now I have an accurate speedo with the stock gears.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123196669 -->

+1 Great Info!
super.gif

Ordered mine yesterday. So, let's see, -6.8% for stock gears and -13% for 220 gauges. That gives me a great starting point!

Thanks!

Slow down guys.......what's this speedohealer for? Is there an existing problem that I am oblivious to? I' guessing the speedo is off......

And the top speed you hit since the last time you reset the flash memory feature is cool too. My speedometer displayed 100 on the recall and the radar was locked in at 99. So, everything agreed. It is a fun feature to play with. Because I don't click off right at the end of the 1/4 exactly, the SpeedoHealer was showing about 10 mph more than my timeslips last night. I keep playing with the recall feature so maybe I should have paid the extra $$$$ and got the remote. But, I can always pull the passenger seat up and have a look.

I seem to recall paying $89 from the US distributor for mine. But, I live close to Wrightwood so I rode up into the Angeles Crest to go get the unit. That would be the full list price for the basic unit with the plug and play harness for the Suzuki. The remote to use the top speed recall feature costs more. You can go check on SpeedoHealer's web site to see what they offer.

Slow down guys.......what's this speedohealer for? Is there an existing problem that I am oblivious to?  I' guessing the speedo is off......
All sportbikes speedometers read too much out of the factory... Why? That's a good question. I dont think there are any other explanation other than the manufacturers wants the riders to believe they are going faster then they actually are, for safety purpose.

They could make it accurate from the factory for sure, specially now with electronic speedometers. My friend's Mercedes AMG SL65 reads its governed top speed of 255KMH absolutely dead on (we checked with my GPS)... So why not Suzuki??

Back