SpeedoHealer Installation

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Ever since adding my 220 mph gauge faces, my speedo has been waaaay off! I got tired of trying to 'figure out' how fast I was going. (actually got pretty good at 'converting' the speed in my head).

Anyway, I picked up a SpeedoHealer w/ remote switch from Board Member GoldenChild (thanks, bro!) and set down for the install. Since I recalled several posts on members asking about the install...I decided to post some pix. (I know y'all like pix!) So, here goes:

First, choose the location for your SpeedoHealer (SoH). Since I got the remote switch version, I would have the switch handy and wouldn't have to get to the actual SoH that often. So, if it were under the driver's seat it wouldn't be *that* big of a deal for me. However, I found that I was able to **just** get the speed sensor cable to stretch to the trunk! So, that's where I put it.

Now, remove the left-side fairing, seat(s) and/or hump, and prop up the tank.

P1010087_01.jpg

THIS is the one we will work with, the speed sensor (black connector)

P1010088_01.jpg

Separate the connectors and install the SoH cable

P1010090_01.jpg

Now, route the cable back to the trunk

I used most of the factory cable ties/stays

P1010091_01.jpg

On the way back to the trunk...here's the Gear Position Sensor [What's a TRE?
tounge.gif
] SoH (red) cable is tucked under the stay

P1010092_01.jpg

Here's where I put the SoH - on the front-left side of the trunk

P1010098_01.jpg

Yep, I have mine there as well. Also for those that haven't done it there are 2 sets of connections to be made for the SH. The first is connecting the SH to the connection leading to the display and the second is connecting the SH back to the speed sensor.

The one I just got doesnt look like that,the instructions are a little vague or I should say "generic" at best.NJ.

You shouldn't have any problems, NJ, but if you do let me know.

Sorry guys...now that the board is back up...I'll finish!
tounge.gif

Sounds like you got the Ver 3.0 or 3.1. Judging from the pics I have seen it replaced the big green connection with a small button. Did it come with another connection for the top speed recall?

...and this is where the remote switch is:
(zip-tied to the clutch line)

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125950574 -->

P1010096_01.jpg

I just went to the site, the version I have is the 2.0,the recall button is the button I see,it just not remote, I guess I need to get a suzuki harness, there is a harness, but it requires cutting, which I dont want to do.

Well, that's about it... Sorry for the confusion on the posts...board went down while I was posting...

I have initially set the SoH for -21.7% error. This is -13% for the 220 gauges and -6.8% for factory (post from another member suggested that factory error was 6.8%. The remainder is to compensate for a 2/3 worn tire.

So far it's MUCH more accurate. I need to get with my local LEO buddies and have them pace me
wink.gif

Oh, another observation...since I have such a large correction for the 220 gauges...my ODO is WAY off. Can't do anything about that, though... (20 miles actual was 15.9 indicated)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to install the SoH!

Enjoy!

--Omar

I just went to the site, the version I have is the 2.0,the recall button is the button I see,it just not remote, I guess I need to get a suzuki harness, there is a harness, but it requires cutting, which I dont want to do.
I have the 3.0 version. It also came with the harness, which made the install MUCH cleaner. This was also a major factor in chosing the SoH over the Yellow Box.

Back