SpeedoHealer Installation

I am going to be installing my SoH today and I've still got a few questions as to the remote switch. What is it used for and if it displays top speed ect then where does it display it at? Speedo healer website has been taken over and redone by healtech and I can't find a how to on the older SoH I have, or how to program. Can anyone tell me how to set my SoH for 16% off? Thats really all I need. Thanks

I am going to be installing my SoH today and I've still got a few questions as to the remote switch. What is it used for and if it displays top speed ect then where does it display it at? Speedo healer website has been taken over and redone by healtech and I can't find a how to on the older SoH I have, or how to program. Can anyone tell me how to set my SoH for 16% off? Thats really all I need. Thanks

The remote switch shows your highest speed when you push the button. It's displayed on the speedometer, as the needle goes right to the highest speed it's previously been at.
What size sprockets do you have? The gearing calculator on their site supposedly works, and it tells you how to program the unit.
Lots of people swear by speedohealer, and I've seen a friend's on his gen2 work great. However mine is junk and I've had no luck getting it returned/exchanged, so I can't tell you anything else about them.

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for that calculator people are talking about. As for my bike I have a +2 rear sprocket and -1 front, I've read about calculating for factory error & reduced thread on tires, but damn im not sure where to start. Even if I did have the % I needed to put into my SoH Im still not clear on how to program that into it. Mine didn't come with directions since I bought from a friend of a friend of mine..

Still can't get on their website, they have it set up with adobe flash and it will not load on my iPad, apple is stupid sometimes , anyone know how I can bypass this? Or if someone could go to the speedohealer part of the website and copy the link to me that would be great too.

Do you have the V3 or the V4 model. V4 is on the label on the unit if it's the new model.

Stock gen1 gearing is 17/40, and you say you now have 16/42
With a stock size 190/50/17 rear tire the online calculator says you need -15% value on the V3 model.
If you have the V4 you need -5.2% entered.

Directions for the V4 per their site

Press both buttons on the unit until "L" is indicated.
Press SET repeatedly until "-" is blinking
Press SEL to proceed to the first digit
Press SET repeatedly until "0" is blinking
Press SEL to proceed to the next digit
Press SET repeatedly until "5" is blinking
Press SEL to proceed to the next digit
Press SET repeatedly until "2" is blinking
Press SEL to complete programming

Whenever the key is ON the calibration value will be displayed without leading zeros.

To reset, press both buttons until "E" is indicated. The calibration value will be zero, and the bike's speedometer will work as if the speedohealer is not installed.

For the V3

The ignition must be OFF
Set all SH switches ON
Turn the ignition ON
Press and release the button => memory cleared

Set all switched OFF, except #5
Press the button 5 times
Set #6 switch ON
Set #5 switch OFF
Press the button 2 times
Set #6 switch OFF => All data stoed in flash

This also compensates for factory speedometer error.

I hope that this works for you, as I could not copy and paste their webpages to this site.
Maybe someone else can.
The link I posted before is directly from their site and the page that you need, but I do not know what to do in order for you to see it on your computer.

Thanks alot sixpak that did help me, when I get home today I will try it again, only thing is since I bought used from a friend of a friend I don't know which one but I do know there is only one button that can be pushed on it, which is the recall button, and the box the wires plug into have the 6 small switches, so I'd say I have the V3. I hooked everything up but havent turned the ignition on yet. And btw my friend said the guy I bought this from had the same gearing I have, so I wonder if I could just leave it? I will let you know how it goes this evening tho! & thnx again

Thanks alot sixpak that did help me, when I get home today I will try it again, only thing is since I bought used from a friend of a friend I don't know which one but I do know there is only one button that can be pushed on it, which is the recall button, and the box the wires plug into have the 6 small switches, so I'd say I have the V3. I hooked everything up but havent turned the ignition on yet. And btw my friend said the guy I bought this from had the same gearing I have, so I wonder if I could just leave it? I will let you know how it goes this evening tho! & thnx again

If he did have the same gearing I'de just plug it in a try it out.
If you have a gps, or at least a car to drive next to you to compare it to, you may find your speedo to then be accurate.
It wouldn't hurt to try, as you can always set it if it isn't right.
Good luck:beerchug:

Excellent write up! Second post, second mod (1st was Corbin seats, used on ebay $225 tmd) couldn't have been easier. Love this site!

So... I dredged up this old thread to ask a question regarding the SpeedoHealer install. In my case I have a (non Healtech) Gear position indicator already plugged into the Factory Speed sensor plug under the left fairing panel. The Speedohealer apparently needs to plug into the same plug. I reached out to Healtech to see what they said on the matter, but thought I would post it here as well in case anyone else had come across this one?

If anyone interested, I heard back from Healtech Support (Thanks Krisztian!) and it turns out you can indeed simply piggyback the plugs for the Gear Indicator and the Speedohealer together! He sent me the following.
"Yes, your gear indicator unit and the Speedohealer unit will work fine alongside each other. Please make sure you connect the 3-pole plugs in-line in this order at the Speed sensor connector and both units will operate great (please see the attached diagram with our GIpro X-type G2 gear indicator unit involved):

Speed sensor plug -> Gear Indicator plugs -> SH plugs -> Bike harness plug

So, the gear indicator unit won't get the calibrated signal this way. You may need to reset and setup the gear indicator unit after the installation of the SH unit."
1686017558180.jpeg

Back