SpeedoHealer Installation

another thing you could do instead of having your buddy pace you to see the accuracy is pick up a portable gps unit for about $100, works great for travel and tells speed, top speed, distance traveled as well as being able to know what is ahead of you.<span style='color:blue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:arial'></span>

I wanted to put mine under the hump...but my wires were'nt long enough. I ended up putting mine under the seat. It fits in there nice..looks sanitary, just a little tougher to get to to re-adjust...

Great post. Now I know exactly what I need to do. I found the speed senser in the manual, but your pics make it a lot easier.

beerchug.gif
Omslaw is the man.

What's the cost ? I'm roughly 7% off and know the normal speed limit corrections. Have GPS as well. Just curious. Anyone know why Suzuki did this. With a machine so well engineered it baffles me.

(omslaw @ Sep. 05 2005,09:07) Well, that's about it...  Sorry for the confusion on the posts...board went down while I was posting...

I have initially set the SoH for -21.7% error.  This is -13% for the 220 gauges and -6.8% for factory (post from another member suggested that factory error was 6.8%.  The remainder is to compensate for a 2/3 worn tire.

So far it's MUCH more accurate.  I need to get with my local LEO buddies and have them pace me  
wink.gif

Oh, another observation...since I have such a large correction for the 220 gauges...my ODO is WAY off.  Can't do anything about that, though...  (20 miles actual was 15.9 indicated)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to install the SoH!

Enjoy!

--Omar
i thought that was one of the benefits of the speedo healer.  if the speedo is right, then the odo has to be as well...right???

(millertyme @ Jul. 12 2007,21:flamethrowing:)
(omslaw @ Sep. 05 2005,09:07) Well, that's about it...  Sorry for the confusion on the posts...board went down while I was posting...

I have initially set the SoH for -21.7% error.  This is -13% for the 220 gauges and -6.8% for factory (post from another member suggested that factory error was 6.8%.  The remainder is to compensate for a 2/3 worn tire.

So far it's MUCH more accurate.  I need to get with my local LEO buddies and have them pace me  
wink.gif

Oh, another observation...since I have such a large correction for the 220 gauges...my ODO is WAY off.  Can't do anything about that, though...  (20 miles actual was 15.9 indicated)

Hope this helps anyone wanting to install the SoH!

Enjoy!

--Omar
i thought that was one of the benefits of the speedo healer.  if the speedo is right, then the odo has to be as well...right???
No ,because he's useing 220 mph overlay guages,,the odom is synked to the 185mph guages from factory.
Thankx for all the install tips,,,big help.
With 220 overlays and 16-42 it was crazy till i got the SoH.
Richard

Just got mine in the mail and need to install it. I am going to try and get the wires to stretch to the trunk area too.

Thanks guys for the write-up wil be installing
SoH in the next month. You just made it easy
for me
beerchug.gif

As far as why the manufacture has the speedo's off, it's like that for most manufactures of bikes and cars. They are aloud to be up to 10% to 11% off I think. From what I understand it is just a twisted way to make you think your going faster than you are to keep you safer so to speak. At least thats what I've been told. Great thread though, I'm thinking about getting me 1 now!!

is the factory error is -6.8 or +6.8? if the factory error is -6.8 how did you do it? i wont let me use that number, when i plug -6.8 it changes back to +5.5

how about preserving storage space and stickin the healer on top of the little black box behind the battery since its supposed to be weatherproof..?? i see one in my future but dont really want it in the trunk. i dont see a reason to need quick access such as in the trunk, thus the idea. i obviously dont know how big/tall the unit is, so, just wonderin if that would work too.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can put it anywhere, it is very small! I just put one on my 08 with 2 up in the rear and I was 11% off, checked with a GPS. 60 indicated was 53.4 mph. Now I feel like I am speeding when I am going the speed limit.:laugh:

I just installed mine last weekend on my 08 ( -2 tooth drop on front and 180 rear tire). I was off 19.85% Showed 80mph I was only going 55mph.. One of the best things I ever purchased.. I put mine beside the dash over the fuse box.. (under the fairing of course).. Oh yeah I used a gps to get my true speed...

It seems most SOH units are going under the front seat....wondering where are most people are putting their Remote Switch?? Any Pics?

Back