SPEED TRAPS !!! or please list

LOL, that is no kidding! By the time he got out of that hole he was parked down in, we would have been in Kentucky at the rate we were moving!

(VaBusa @ Jul. 19 2007,14:47) THE ENTIRE STATE OF VIRGINIA - STEER CLEAR!!!!!  
laugh.gif
 Oh wait, if you're an out-of-stater, you're cool...they're only targeting Virginians  
guns.gif

laugh.gif
We Virginians are so proud to be singled out and harrased by over-zealoused (sp?) popos who are proudly enforcing the fines, oh excuse me.... "fees."

I will now illegally own a radar detector and a radar jammer on my cars and Busa.

Let the games begin.

ps: I did hear on the news that the Virginia legislature said they are thinking of fixing this law next year, but for now it sticks. They are acting on a public outcry against the fees/fines.

TS.

guns.gif

laugh.gif

guns.gif

(Postal @ Jul. 20 2007,13:11) ...

ps: I did hear on the news that the Virginia legislature said they are thinking of fixing this law next year, but for now it sticks.  They are acting on a public outcry against the fees/fines...
They did the same thing here in CT with the "no radar detectors allowed" law a few years ago. I think the law lasted 3-4 years before it was overturned in '99 or so. VA is the only state I know of that still has a law against radar detectors (at least on the East Coast).

North of Tampa "The FL Hills" on weekends...Ehren Cut-Off Road (most bikers heading north from Tampa/St. Pete) typically start their ride through here, Weatherby Road (north of SR 50 - heard a judge who hates bikes lives off this road) and heading West on SR 50 just before getting to I-75.

If you're headed up I85N in NC towards Durham....

After you pass Exit 170, the speed limit drops from 65 to 55 as you head into Durham. Conveniently, there is also construction taking place ($250 fine).

There are always LEOs hanging out right when you get into Durham. It's almost daily I see either a local or state trooper hanging out handing out flyers.

Likewise, coming into Durham on I85S - they hang out here too.

Did I mention it's a new road, 5 lanes? And, oh, yea.. construction - $250 fine.
SHOCKED.gif
mad.gif

a really bad stretch of highway in the dallas area, especially after midnight is I-35E between I-635 and the I-35W cut off in denton. lots of small municipalities on this stretch of highway and they are always on the look out, especially for drunk drivers. at any given time you have farmers branch pd, carrollton pd, dart police, dallas co sheriffs dept, denton co sheriffs dept, lewisville pd, highland village pd, lake dallas pd, hickory creek pd, corinth pd, denton pd, and last but not least on any stretch of this area the texas dept of public safety state troopers.

(kaosccw @ Jul. 15 2007,17:35) hwy 301 between jacksonville and hawthorne in florida.
+1000000

FLORIDA

CITIES OF STARKE AND WALDO ON 301 ALSO THE ENTIRE COUNTY OF MADISON ON INTERSTATE 10

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 19 2007,07:39) US129 from Chilhowee Dam area to the Tail of the Dragon.

40 MPH on Rural US Highway.
The speed limit from Tabcat bridge to the store is 30 and 45 along Chilhowee Lake.

Pasadena California, Just north of the Rose Bowl.

210 Freeway from 134 to Angeles Crest Hwy.
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

One CHP on the bridge with a radar gun and others waiting at the next onramp.

Cheap bastid's... never even see 'em coming!
wow.gif

firedevil.gif

I-476 North in PA...right past the Villanova exit, there's always a state trooper hiding in one of those U-Turn spots, at night. They normally can't/don't bother pulling out when there's traffic, but watch out when the road is empty.

Oklahoma, watch out for HWY 51 East of Wagoner, Hulbert is known in OK for bad speed traps. Great road too. Also, HWY 69/75 between McAllister and Atoka, Stringtown is the worst!

(chrisarrington @ Aug. 13 2007,22:30)
(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 19 2007,07:39) US129 from Chilhowee Dam area to the Tail of the Dragon.

40 MPH on Rural US Highway.
The speed limit from Tabcat bridge to the store is 30 and 45 along Chilhowee Lake.
It's 40 down by the lake...that's where I got my ticket!!!

Back