SPEED TRAPS !!! or please list

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE LIST ALL RED ZONES IN YOUR AREA OR WHERE YOU HAVE SEEN / EXPERIENCED SPEED TRAPS AND LEO THAT ARE LESS THAN REASONABLE.</span></span>

Short story :

So my buddy is on a road trip, and calls me from Wyoming yesterday and says he just got an award for 10 over on a back roads, no traffic no one around ... hwy 189 in south west corner of Wyoming. Speed limit is 65 he's doin 70-75 mph.

My friend thinks he may just get a warning because he pulls over right away, has all his paper work, is respectful ...  but ... NOOOOOOOOOOO.   20 year old looking trooper, actually shaking writes him up for a full 10 over. So my friend ask's  " is it because it's a bike? "  Cop says " Nope we write evryone, just wrote up an old lady for  4 over, have a nice day. "

A few miles down the road buddy stops at the gas station and ask's the ol timer there about the situation, and the old guys says " the county just hired 9 young fella's and they are writing tickets like there is no tomorrow... "

This is not a thread to discuss the moral or legal aspects of a moving violation so please dont post that here or I will move/delete it. We can start another ethics thread besides this one. But just wanted to get an official red zone list started for all of us that like to travel.

Thanks and watch out out there.  - Kent

rr1.jpg

Found this on the web,

Top Ten US Speed Trap Cities - The National Motorists Association issued a warning to holiday weekend travelers urging them to avoid or use caution when driving through the ten cities most notorious for speed traps. "Nothing can ruin a vacation more quickly than an undeserved speeding ticket," explained Eric Skrum, the group's communications director.

The top-ten list of speed trap cities was created with data from the SpeedTrap Exchange, a site that identifies locations that combine arbitrarily low speed limits with heavy traffic enforcement designed to raise revenue. The top-ten cities are as follows:

1.Detroit, Michigan suburbs
2.Washington, D.C.
3.Orlando, Florida
4.Colorado Springs, Colorado
5.Houston, Texas
6.Virginia Beach, Virginia
7.Austin, Texas
8.Baton Rouge, Louisiana
9.Nashville, Tennessee
10.Fresno, California

Around here in Northern Calif

Hwy 20 near Clear Lake.
Hwy 70 through the feather river canyon area.
I-5

S.C.
Hwy 501 Dillion/Marion.  This is where I picked up my first ticket  
rant.gif
lol

I-95 around the Raleigh area (40)

(schroetf @ Jul. 15 2007,20:01) it's easier than catching real criminals and they get money for it----
For comments and opinions please see the official rant thread :

(Kento-Moto @ Jul. 15 2007,08:47) Around here in Northern Calif  

Hwy 20 near Clear Lake.
Hwy 70 through the feather river canyon area.
I-5
Also:
Highway 99 North
Between Chico and Red Bluff (includes aerial surveillance)
Highway 99 South
Between Chico and Yuba City with a known speed trap in Biggs/Gridley

Here's just a few that I have personal experiences with...lol

Waldo, Fl hwy 301
Thomasville, nc or Davidson County, NC around I-85 in general
Hwy 19 in Fairmont, WV and Summersville, wv
OHIO....lol
Martinsville, Va - Roanoke, Va on Hwy 220

for those in Nor cal Roseville watch out on sunrise blvd its a 30 and everybody goes 45-70 there. just watch out Roseville loves giveing out
guns.gif
tickets

(kennym4 @ Jul. 15 2007,15:43) Going through Delaware,  I 95  &  RT 1
Also watch out for I-95 N & S through RI around exit 5 / 5A...there's an overpass that the piggies love to sit under. I've seen them there myself and have heard from an attorney I was talking to at the airport while waiting for my flight out of T.F. Green in Providence.

Anywhere around omaha but HWY 80 a cop will stand on the side of the road with a radar gun and have patrol cars lined up on the freeway and also HWY 80 from omaha to lincoln they have aerial cams plus state boys everywhere..... They are retarded tho. I past one doing 90 and he starts following me and i took the next exit well he then pulled me over. I told him my wife was having contractions and he says well why did you take the exit and i told him because he was chasing me and then i said plus i was looking out for your safety so i got off the highway
firedevil.gif

THE ENTIRE STATE OF VIRGINIA - STEER CLEAR!!!!!
laugh.gif
Oh wait, if you're an out-of-stater, you're cool...they're only targeting Virginians
guns.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I feel lucky. We blew past a cop in the median at 90 MPH just south of the KY border in TN coming back from Deals Gap on Wednesday.
super.gif
I guess he saw the Busas and decided it was a waste of time trying to nab us before the state line.

Back