First Annual BIMMERS & BUSA's!!!! August 21st

NoMoreZX11

Registered
I have had this idea for a while since I decided to buy the Busa...because there are a few guys I know that have a Busa and a Bimmer like myself (M3) I was thinking of organizing a co-event with Busa and BMW's. It seems like a good idea not just because of the ones I know that have both but that so many Bimmer drivers customize their cars and LOVE go fast toys and vice versa. I think this could be a great event and I am even going to offer up 4 prizes (2 for each category, listed below).

The event will take place (with good weather, if it rains we'll reschedule) on <span style='color:darkblue'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>SATURDAY, August 21st</span></span> at the <span style='color:crimson'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>AMES/Mcdonalds/Wooster St</span></span>. pizza plaza in Manchester, CT. This is on Tolland Tpk, right across from Manchester Honda. <span style='color:seagreen'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Event time will be 5:00PM</span></span>(to leave plenty of daylight).

All Busa and Bimmers are encouraged to attend, and I'll be posting this on other forums as well, but please tell everyone you know that has either a Hayabusa and/or a BMW. Of course other bikes/cars are welcome but will not be eligible for the prizes. It should be a great time, talk about bikes/cars and see some great rides. If anyone has any questions or needs directions just send me a PM.

Dave

PRIZES:

-Cleanest Stock/Near Stock BIMMER and BUSA $50
-Sickest/niceest modded BIMMER and BUSA $50
-Other non money winning prizes also.

Come one, come all, and please post if you plan on coming down!

Too bad you are on the opposite side of the country, not sure if I could tow my busa behind my bimmer. Sounds like a good time though.

Too bad you are on the opposite side of the country, not sure if I could tow my busa behind my bimmer.  Sounds like a good time though.
Well I guess you're excused but man it would be great to have an atendee that was from that far away. I am sure it will just be local guys but I'll post pics and maybe if this thing grows we can move it out closer some day. Take care-

Food for thought.

medium_bimmer.JPG

great idea but toooo far for me. Too bad, you guys have never seen a bimmer like mine.... 1979 320i (pre "s" model, 2 liter, recarro's and roof) 361,112 showing on the clock!!! She lives because I let her live....to drive this thing, you best have some tools in the trunk, shop manual and your cell phone handy. By default, this car has made me the best 320 mechanic in the WORLD! It's a science project, can't stop now.

Now that I think about it, I read about some guy who put a hitch on his M3. He used to tow his M3 to track days along with extra parts and tires. So he decided to get a small hitch installed that was hidden by the rear diffuser. There was just a small hole in the rear diffuser to hook the ball too and there was a cover for the hole as well. So then he could tow a small trailer with his tires and poop in that and enjoy driving his Bimmer on the way there.

Here is an example

Should be plenty strong to pull the busa.
biggrin.gif

ha ha that's an awesome idea, yeah I have a Z3 and my Busa but Connecticut is a bit far to drive to
sad.gif

Well hopefully this deal will grow and eventually we'll have folks from all over the US coming in like 10 years. Make it if ya can!

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>I have a Busa and a BMW.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>My BMW has 2 wheels. When did they start putting 4 on them?

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>
tounge.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm a former BMW owner of a few... does that count? Had to stop buying them because I don't like the new american designer they have...

btw... only a non-BMW owner or a first time BMW owner calls them "bimmers"...
poke.gif

heh-- my first busa pic and I even got part of my 330 in the pic:

I'm in Boston, so I'll be sure to make it!

hey come to think of it, ain't there a sleazy strip club right there as well?
smile.gif
Perhaps you can arrange them to perform a nuke bike wash special !!!

<!--EDIT|thesnake
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090530867 -->

I'm a former BMW owner of a few... does that count? Had to stop buying them because I don't like the new american designer they have...

btw... only a non-BMW owner or a first time BMW owner calls them "bimmers"...  
poke.gif
That's actually incorrect, as there have been several articles published recently in Roundel about the "Bimmer" situation.

"Bimmer" is the correct term for a BMW car while "Beemer" is for a BMW motorcycle. In the circles I travel the designations are used pretty frequently, and this is my 2nd M3 and 3rd BMW!

hey come to think of it, ain't there a sleazy strip club right there as well?
smile.gif
Perhaps you can arrange them to perform a nuke bike wash special !!!
There are a few places locally that offer up a little skin, absolutley. In CT it's not as loose as MA though.

See if ya can round up more guys from MA for the meet as it's so close and I rarely see any guys come down from there.

MA loose? I guess I go to the wrong places
smile.gif
I'll see what I can do as far as rounding folks up!
Well, loose meaning what they can/will SHOW, not give up!

Anyway, as many guys/chicks we can get would be great. I would want to have at least 7-10 of each cars and bikes in order to have some competition for prizes, etc.

Back