R1 OR BUSA

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span><div align="left">
<span style='color:seagreen'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='color:silver'></span>
which bike has more accleration which ones top speed is higher and which is an all around better bike[/QUOTE]
"which is an all around better bike"

I'd hafta say the Busa...for the following reasons and based on the fact that you used the words "All Around"...

1. The Busa generates far greater torque values at any given rev range than does the R1....despite the R1's higher "Peak RWHP" claims which btw comes at great expense to the R1's low-end and mid-range...so much so that most of my street riding buds who bought R1's wind up re-sprocketing them cause the lows are just too huffy for public streets.

2. Comfort....I find the Busa far more comfortable than an R1.

3. Did I mention the Busa's awesome TORQUE???...as in...by the time the busa is spinning a lowly and respectable 4,000rpms???...the Busa is generating what is the R1's "Peak Torque" and is why the Busa's engine makes the R1's power plant feel like a small garden toy by comparison...in most if not all "street applications".

4. Handling: It's a no brainer that the R1 will definantly out handle the Busa in technical track applications but such increased handling characteristics will have little value on public roadways...in other words...there ain't enough curves that the R1 will be able to run away from the Busa's torque gobbling it up in the straights at any sane (or otherwise) group pace...matter of fact??...The Busa rider can just glide through the curves and begin reeling in the R1 from the moment it exits the corner...in a "Performance/Handling" demeanor.

5. Longevity...a hyper tourers engine should be able to last....and my busa cruises at 80mph and is drumming out 80ftlbs of torque while only spinning up a paultry 4,250rpms...the R1
rock.gif
...it sports a short stroke, high comp., 13K Redline that couldn't pull a greased string out of a cats @$$ in the lower rev ranges....and all part of a engine model that has japans big 4 jeopardizing conrod bearings as they compete against each other hype sales by advertising "top peak rwhp" bragg'in rights...this year....moral to the story???...there's actually two...

Moral 1. "Torque Is Timeless"

and...

Moral 2. "There's No Replacement For Displacement"

And the above is JMHO...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back