What the hell is the Big Deal About Busa's?

As you prolly remember from when I first started postin' here Rev, I originally fell in love with the busa after seein' a couple of them on a trailer comin' through my area. That was back around 2000-2001. The two busas on that trailer were the sweetest lookin' sport bikes I had ever seen. When I asked the guys towin' them what they were (they had been repainted and didn't have all the decals on 'em) they said they were Hayabusas. Hell, back then I didn't know the difference and thought that Hayabusa must be the manufacturer's name.
wink.gif

Then, last year when I got ready to finally buy myself a sport bike I started tryin' to figure out where to buy a Hayabusa. Found out Suzuki makes 'em so I hit a Suzuki dealer and sat on one. It was so comfortable compared to all the others I'd sat on that I knew it was the one I wanted. Like a lot of the others here, I'm a big dude so the busa just "fit" better. Started shoppin' around on prices and done a search using Suzuki Hayabusa as my key words. Uhhohhh... The first three search result links popped up and the descriptions all had somethin' along the lines of "World's fastest production street bike..." in 'em. Damn, didn't figure I'd be able to insure the damned thing.

Then I started postin' here and got turned onto State Farm's bike insurance prices. The rest is history...
wink.gif

So, for me, the stylin' and bad ass looks hooked me in and the comfort sealed the deal. I knew I wanted a busa before I knew about the speed and power.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

You get it or you don't.
I had a 89 1100 gixxer.
When I saw this bike in 99 I knew I wanted it.
In 2001 I had some money to spen.
I never saw the bike besides in a magazine or two, never in person.
One day I called a dealer and bought one over the phone.
Never regretted it!
wink.gif

Ask the 02 1K, the 03 1K, the 04 1k, and the built RC51 that I was riden with this weekend.......I'm sure they were surprised as hell when my big fat lowered Busa, with my big fat ass on it stayed ahead of them most of the day......twisties or straights.
Oh yeah......one of them is a fairly decent ex-racer, and one is a current racer.
My chicken poop strips are completely gone from my tire.
Wish I had a video.

What's the big deal about the Busa? Well, I can only honestly think of 2 things. 1. It's fast. 2. Well, uhh it's FAST.

I've owned a lot of bikes. What makes the Busa special is it's unique blend of extreme power, excellent handleing, raw size, and of course, reputation. I'm 6'2" and like a big platform to get down to business with. The large size provides stability in everyday street operations that an R1, for example, can't match.

To be sure, however, everyone who truely loves motorcycleing will be happy on whatever rig that suits. The sport is glorious in it's own right and Busa or no Busa, nothing is more glorious than being on a motorcycle.

Welllll........
1.> They're faster than a scalded cat!
2.> They're more powerful than a  Mike Tyson punch!
3.> They're more curvaceously sensuous than Pam Anderson!
4.> They're the ground bound equivalent of a F-14 Tomcat!
5.> They're as nifty as the Mach 5!
I'll just feed off of this answer because it's perfect. Actually when me and my other riding buddies refer to the Busa as compared to other bikes and it's power...we just refer to it as "Dat Man!" We refer to it this way because we see all bikes as a family and everyone knows that the the head of every family is the "MAN." No disrespect intended to the ladies...

Brian

Welllll........
Hey RaiderDM,

Man all you had to add in there was "able to leap tall buildings in a single bound," and you'd have another Superman sequel.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
I started reading it just like the Superman intro. Remember? "Faster than a speeding bullet...yada yada yada"

Brian

Welllll........
Hey RaiderDM,

Man all you had to add in there was "able to leap tall buildings in a single bound," and you'd have another Superman sequel.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
 I started reading it just like the Superman intro.  Remember?  "Faster than a speeding bullet...yada yada yada"

Brian
At least it sounded funny to me...
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Welllll........
I'll just feed off of this answer because it's perfect.  Actually when me and my other riding buddies refer to the Busa as compared to other bikes and it's power...we just refer to it as "Dat Man!"  We refer to it this way because we see all bikes as a family and everyone knows that the the head of every family is the "MAN."  No disrespect intended to the ladies...

Brian
Dat Man, Or DA Man... (Not being a wise ass Bro) Just checkin....

I just figured out though that Raider Refers to the Busa as Nifty... Nifty? Mach 5? This is a speed racer reference right?

Nifty... He he....
smile.gif

Naw Rev. Us country boyz like to add a lil' twist to things. So, yeah I did mean "DAT MAN." So when other people see it, then they say..."Dat's dat man right there."

Brian

I like the Busa because she never turns me down when I want to ride her. She is always ready to please me. She could do it slow just as well as she could do it fast. Well, what more can I say, other than, she really turns me on! I'll bet any thing that if he test drives one he will understand where we all are coming from. In the mean, time he'll just have to keep loosing sleep over wondering "what's the big deal with the Busa".
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081426729 -->

Why are they glorified? Because they are the FASTEST bikes on the planet.

And yes, they handle very well thank you. With a little brake/throttle control I can flick it like my olde 93 GSXR.

Whats special about the Busa. More like whats not special about the Busa. I'm light, about 160 pounds. For me its like riding on the back of a stallion. Its very smooth and comfortable. The only bike I've ever owned (and there have been a few) that I could ride through town in 6th gear at 15 mph and hit the freeway with out changing a gear and run it up to 180. Impressive brutish but very stylish look. Way ahead of its time, in 1999. It hasen't changed much because there has been no need. We love it the way it is.

What the hell is the big deal about Busa?...I've been riding motorcycles for almost 20 years which covers several bikes my last mount being a '97 ZX11 that I retired after 45,000 miles. I brought my '04 'busa in February. I would suggest that if one has to ask what the big deal is about 'busa one
just doesn't get it and nothing anyone can say on this site would change that. However, I must say that there are a very few motorcycles that create a relationship between machine and rider that is difficult to put into words. This is
true whether your choice of ride is cruiser, tourer, dirt or
whatever. The 'busa is a bike that stirs the soul of the rider
and creates a riding experience that remains long after the
ride ends!

Naw Rev.  Us country boyz like to add a lil' twist to things.  So, yeah I did mean "DAT MAN."  So when other people see it, then they say..."Dat's dat man right there."

Brian
idea.gif
Ah Ha... See and I thought I was asking a silly question... I gotcha now B. Thanks

Rev

What the hell is the big deal about Busa?...I've been  riding motorcycles for almost 20 years which covers several bikes my last mount being a '97 ZX11 that I retired after 45,000 miles. I brought my  '04 'busa in February. I would suggest that if one has to ask what the big deal is about 'busa one
just doesn't get it and nothing anyone can say on this site would change that. However, I must say that there are a very few motorcycles that create a relationship between machine and rider that is difficult to put into words. This is
true whether your choice of ride is cruiser, tourer, dirt or
whatever. The 'busa is a bike that stirs the soul of the rider
and creates a riding  experience that remains long after the
ride ends!
Yeah, That's a fine response, a real fine response... It's what I try to get across to people... That Suzuki works a little extra Mojo over the Busa... Some extra Gravy or something I dunno... But it does mess with you... and stick with you...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081454166 -->

Welllll........
Hey RaiderDM,

biggrin.gif
wink.gif
 I started reading it just like the Superman intro.  Remember?  "Faster than a speeding bullet...yada yada yada"

Brian
At least it sounded funny to me...
biggrin.gif
Ba.... thanx for the  
thumbs-up.gif

The Busa is a "SUPER" Bike, right?
What more appropriate?
This list and the sequel pretty much sum up my Busa
as I see her. They also succinctly answer Rev's Question.  
biggrin.gif

Yes Rev... The Mach 5 was a Speed Racer reference!  
wink.gif

cool.gif

Like the Mach 5 The Busa is good for many things in ADDITION
too going very fast! Let's face it, can you picture
Speed on any other bike???  
rock.gif

Now back to the latest episode of Busa Love!  
blush.gif

pirate.gif
 Raider

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Back